Worms????

Posted , 5 users are following.

So basically... i had worms in the summer. Not sure what type, dr never said . He treated me for hookworm / ringworm etc. He gave me 2 doses of vermox.. 3 weeks apart. Since then i continue to have symptoms. I talked to my dr about it and because of my anxiety she thinks that 1) i dont have worms & 2) not possible to get worms from a pet (dog in specific) .. ive had a few stool tests done that all came back negative even after seeing a worm in my stool. But havent had any more for a few months. I now am experiencing , NO APPETITE, feeling feverish and just overall super super sick to my stomach. Tmi but i also see white and black stuff in my stool (havent seen another worm) .. my anxiety has sky rocketed and i just dont know what to do.. when i had the parasite i washed my bedding every night.. washed my hands all the time.. stuck to a low sugar diet (LOTS of garlic powder). Im very scared and confused .. does anyone know anything about this topic and could maybe help me out on steps to take ? Or maybe i dont have worms & its just anxiety?? I really dont know.. but i cant remember having any tummy issues like this other than when i had worms 😭😭

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try using "food grade" diatomaciouse earth. Look it up on google. Will clean everything out. Use the right grade and the right dose. Good luck.

• Posted

Anxiety can cause gut symptoms like loss of appetite and nausea. However, to resolve your worries, see a different doctor to get a second opinion and push for an ova and parasite test; this is more specific to detect this problem. Standard stool tests may not pick up a worm infestation. It is also possible you don't have worms and you are experiencing a bad reaction to the medication you were given or your gut is still irritated because of the infestation itself.Seeing a different doctor should be able to reassure you, answer your questions and diagnose you.

• Posted

Did your doctor also test for hpylori infection? Did you ask about it?

It's true that anxiety can cause stomach problem and vice versa. Which obviously becomes confusing.

My personal experience is that if stomach is feeling bad since a long time, then more chances are that stomach issue is causing the anxiety.

It's because anxiety generally is not continuous and starts showing after something triggers it. Like some sad news, bad mood, or busy and stressful work etc

• Posted

no my dr didnt test me for anything. just stool cultures. i asked for a colonoscopy and she said no .. literally told me no because theres not enough evidence of worms. ive alllllwwwwaays had stomach problems with my anxiety for sure and it just so happened that this stomah problem started 2 weeks ago when i just started getting really stressed out.. ive had 2 break downs in 3 days . and my stomach has gotten worse. still scared of worms though as i had these exact symptoms when i did have worms 😦

• Posted

Ask for hpylori test. It can be detected by stool test, breath test or endoscopy. If you are having stomach problem since a long time, it can be one reason.

Also try some probiotics with more number of strains of good bacteria. They don't have any side effect. But can help you if your gut flora is the issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.