Worms in toilet?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Stomach was feeling a bit upset so I went to use the toilet but the only thing that came out was what's in the attached image (shown in a foam cup). I have an appointment with a gastrointestinal Dr. this next Friday but I'm curious if I need to go to the ER now. I've been having diarrhea (or loose stool), digestion sounds (very loud and many different sounds/different locations), indegestion, stomach pains

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Does what you found in the toilet move?   If it does, film it and take it along to your GI appointment with your photo.  The other possiblility is that the thing in the toilet is undigested food.  If you are having indigestion, that might explain it.

If your symptoms worsen before your consultation, go to ER.   If they stay the same, wait until Friday when you see your doctor.  You don't have long to wait now.

• Posted

Maybe it is just undigested food.  Regardless of that, take the photo to your doctor to verify exactly what the substance is.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the responses! I had a "pulled pork BBQ" sandwich the night before and maybe what was in the toilet was something "weird" that was in the sandwich.

And fwiw, I just had my first solid BM in weeks, so I guess I'm not deathly sick, at least, lol.

• Posted

Good luck with your appointment on Friday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.