Worried

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm just been prescribed fluoxetine and have to take it for 6 months. I'm taking 20mg. I'm a bit worried of the side effects, whats the norm?

Also is it advisable to stay off the alcohol?

Thanks guys and gals.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am now on day 18 of treatment (20mg). The most unpleasant side effect for me has been anxiety, mainly in the mornings. Also feeling nauseous in the mornings and general loss of appetite. But all of these side effects are slowly subsiding and I am starting to feel more relaxed and optimistic. It seems that people respond to this medication differently. Some feel fine almost immediately, others feel no benefits at all, some have bad side effects, others don't. I think you need to give it at least a month, however bad things are. Good luck.
  • Posted

Have been on these on and off since May 06. Side effects for me are increased body temperature ( I don't feel cold and perspireeven in mild weather or gentle exertions. Also 90% removal of sexual performance. Instead of a formula one car I have the desire of a milk float and more frustratiing is that when it does happen it's almost impossible to climax. According to fellow takers.. this is very common. BUT they do work and I am far more relaxed in what I perceive as stressful situations.
  • Posted

Thanks for the responses guys. Do you find any effects when alcohol is drunk? IS advisable to leave well alone?
  • Posted

doctors told me drinking no problem.. I still do and providing you don't overdo it.. seems fine
  • Posted

Alcohol in moderation only.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.