worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am really worried take you back to 2012 bearing in mind a was a fit healthy male of 39.

When I had a chest infection that just went on to long, so doc sent me for xray came back

With slight shadow on left lung but after several trips to hospital was told it was just a shadow from arteries, nothing to worry about, but CT scan to be on safe side.

Came back with something in left lung turned out an infection which cleared up, but unknown to myself also shows up with a lump inside my 6th ribb 2cm long.. Will explain the me not knowing later on.it all came to a end felt fine again.

Now 2 years later on probably me being Anxious went to docs with chest pain left side asked for a CT scan, turned out nothing wrong apart from this lump inside my 6th ribb which I was then told about .. Which show up back in 2012 it had not changed in size .. But that wanted a bone scan now to make sure , so in space of 5 weeks I had a chest xray, CT scan, bone scan all turned out ok.

Now six weeks on I now have a pleural effusion in my right lung, which is very painful and I now do have a problem , where all the test before nothing wrong ... Now thinking that all the tests scans has brbrought all this on ....very very worried what has caused this, docs said it was probably from a flu like virus I had ,, I'm not convinced , maybe from all the test scans on my body.. Really quite scared, every thing I read about a pleural effusion points towards cancer being the underline problem , as I cant really remember having to much of a cold, scared out of my wits just got to wait 6 weeks, for another xray to see if gone down, can feel the fluid does not seem to be going away.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

not something anybody could answer, too important to take guesses at. I can only say if you feel excess fluid from the lungs maybe Mucidine, or similar, would help. It thins the mucus so it is not a problem. Takes a couple of weeks to kick in. Apart from that try not to over-worry as that can cause problems of its own. good luck. June
  • Posted

So sorry you are having a run of bad luck, hope the Mucidine helps. The worrying is BAD, try to stop thinking about something that hasnt happened .. OK ? Do research scans before you go for any more, good luck - Jay
  • Posted

Can't help to worry !! Got another x ray in two weeks

But at the moment the fluid is still on my back, can't see

It going by then, I'm scared this effusion is cancer, as it does

Seem to be going,

• Posted

You are just worrying yourself into cancer,, who cares about that , there is a cure nowadays and its NOT chemo, please research hypochondriac and try to cheer up, (this is a joke) Get on with your life, there are people far worse off than you, try hard Martyn ... good luck - Jay
  • Posted

I'm not being a hypochondriac, and of course there

Are people worse off there always will be whatever

Your circumstances are. I don't find it a joke, and yes

I know I have to look on the bright side, just that all the

Research I do on effusion point to the same thing, maybe

The best thing to do is to reading about it. Thought these

Forums where for help and discussion.

• Posted

Hi Martyn we do try to help where we can but none of us would dare to diagnose somebody's condition, all I can say is that thinning the effusion might help. It helped me when I thought I was going into hospital
  • Posted

Hi Martyn, I sure do feel ya, but I am trying hard not to overthink and over read myself into something that I hope is not there, I was diagnosed with COPD last year, and yuk the mucus, I am a real producer, which it could earn me some money, I would be soooo rich from it. But I am on seretide and I was a fairly lean looking soul, but have now got this flabby belly, I am rather fatigued, but still hang in there with me casual job as a customer service worker. I only hope we as new to this disease can help one another just by talking about it and sharing our experiences.....kia kaha...(stay strong).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.