Worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

On October 21 i started feeling dizzy confused tingly/numb hands my vision was spotty and unclear BAD anxiety and depression thought i was going to die. Went to the doctors on october 26 he said i was having anxiety panic attacks and depression which shocked me bc I'm a happy and never had those issues before he took blood ran tests and the next day he called and i was diagnosed with severe Anemia hemoglobin 7.6 on, symptoms eased slowly but not completely. December 7th went in for more blood test and was shockingly my hemoglobin was 12.0., and ferritin was 33. My question I'm still experiencing dizziness and I still get panicky or anxiety then depression bc I'm scared I'm not going go get better. It comes and goes daily. Very frustrating being 30 with kids and I'm afraid to drive in case I slip into a dizzy spell or panicky. Does anyone know if ferritin at a 33 cause these symptoms on and off? Are my symptoms still lingering just because my iron was so low not even 2 months ago and my body is trying to restore itself back to normal? My primary doctor doesn't seem to have the answers I'm asking about. And I want to make sure it's normal. Any help or input is apreciated

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are feeling this bad. Last year, I was exactly the same as you! I used to want to cry because I felt soo awful.

It turns out I was low in vitamin D as well as very low B12 which usually comes with being anemic. My iron level was 7.

I deny dizzy, depressed, anxiety, you name it. I think I developed the anxiety because like you I was scared about what's happening to me and I also have children and it wasn't fair on them how lethargic and sleepy I was. Not only that I felt like I'm losing it completely.

I researched a lot as my doctor didn't have a clue! I made him test my blood for vitamin D, he refused at first then he did and it was very very low.

I was shaky, panicky, I was a mess!

He gave me tablets, very high dose for vitamin D and I'm on 3 monthly injections for B12.

I also researched and found b12 lozenges are very good so I ordered some online and take one every day. You can take 2 at first.

If you want to chat, you can email me. I can't put my email address here so just send me a pm if need me

Take care xx

• Posted

Thanks for replying I really thought I was going crazy I've cryed alot due to how bad the anxiety was and dizziness.. it's gotten alot better but I still get dizzy and anxiety at times.. This all started October 21st soo almost going on 2 months idk how long it takes to get back to myself bc my hemoglobin is at a 12.0 and my ferritin is at 33.. I'm not sure was the normal ferritin level is but I hope I get better soon! Glad to know I'm not the only one
    • Posted

Hey ladies, this is how my anxiety started off and I would like to hear more of your stories if you have a chance. I just want to compare and see if I have the same thing going on
    • Posted

What would you like to know I'm here to help and hear everyone's stories also.
    • Posted

Last time I got my ferritin level checked it was at 10 and I'm not sure if this is what triggered my anxiety. Is this what happened for you? Even right now I feel so lightheaded, and afraid of something happening to me, I'm trying to hard to hold my tears back but I feel them coming.
  • Posted

Hi. I think it can cause them symptoms. I dont have low hemoglobin, but I have low ferritin (caused by heavy periods). My ferritin ws 16 when last tested (and that was with supplementing with iron stuff over the counter). However I was experiencing symptoms way before this... dizziness, tiredness, numbness, shaky, headaches, panicky feeling, palpitations and so on! I think my anxiety/panic attacks came from me feeling light headed and having palpitations. The drs feel happier to label me with anxiety rather than low iron.. but I know my own body. I am now on iron tablets and also started taking anti depressants. I didnt want to but I started to feel so low feeling ill all the time and having strange panic attacks I didnt know what else to do. Ive never been an anxious person before and like you I have 3 kids to look after and Im only 34. I hope you start to feel better soon, but it can take months to start getting your iron stores up and feeling better. Its been 2 months for me and I think I'm slowly getting better ...
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling as bad as I am., I have the Exact symptoms! It's scary to one day not feel like yourself.. the doc gave me klonopin (antidepressant/panic attack ) medicine.. however I don't like how tired and sluggish but I've taken it when I can't take it no more.. it's almost been 2 months and my ferritin is 33. Now when I told the doctor I ws still getting dizzy and my vision would be weird and I'd get anxiety and panicy, he made me feel like I shouldn't still be feeling llike that, bc my hemoglobin went up from a 7.6 to a 12.0 but I would think it would take a little longer to feel better. I hope wish you well soon!
  • Posted

Are you taking iron tablets?

Leafy green vegetables are enriched with iron and fortified vitamins.

• Posted

Yes i take 2 325mg iron pills a day , and have been eating alot more iron veggies heme iron foods and fruits. Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.