Worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am up tonight worrying , I have been binge drinking off and on for 2 years . After the last binder which was last thur , I woke up feeling awful , sweating profusely , heart racing , and pain under my right rib which I can only deduce was major liver inflammation. The pain went away and now today I have a strange burning sensation on my right side . I am freaking out , googling like crazy and convincing myself that i have something horrible happening to me . I have an apt on monday with my GP . Othee symptoms are dry skin on my face and increased redness in my eyes . Don't know if its just detox and anxiety or unrelated things and anxiety or if I have shot my liver out ..

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Your doc will be able to help you figure that out. It's a good time to lay plans to get out of that spot, Kb225. There are meds that will help you stay quit. There are meds that will help you cut down gradually. There are choices, many will say it's detox and AA, but that way only works for 10% that try it, within 4 years most will return to drinking. With meds to help you after the detox, it's a different story. Alcohol Use Disorder is a medical condition, not a weakness, not a character fault. You can read a bit about it here, along with a method that some use to kick it. Not sure if this would be the best way for you to go, but some of the info holds true no matter what route you settle on:

https://patient.info/health/sinclair-method-for-alcohol-use-disorder

Campral is another med you can use for this, it just depends on which is the best for your situation. Have a look and see what you think, if you need more info let us know. 

Here's something else that might help:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/nhs-primary-care-alcohol-teams-512652

There's a book mentioned in the last post in this thread, it goes over a number of meds for Alcohol Use Disorder:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/useful-resources-487627

• Posted

I think that you should see your GP before Monday - you may have ANYTHING wrong with you, and whilst it's almost certainly related to alcohol, you need a diagnosis, today.

love Tess xx

• Posted

I woke up and the burning sensation is gone this morning , however my anxiety regarding my health is not , I think you all are right . I am going to go to an urgent care a little later this morning
  • Posted

How bad is ur drinkin kb
    • Posted

Binge about 1 bottle of wine or 12 beers a night for about 2-3 nights in a row and then take a break , repeat , for about 2 years now
  • Posted

Just signed in to urgent care i am freaking out !!!
    • Posted

I have a UTI andd kidney infection , all else looks normal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.