Worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies, I'm due to have a cyst removed from my left ovary on Wednesday. My moods have been all over the place as are my periods , anger being a big one for me and also really bad anxiety 😣

I'm so nervous at the thought of waking up and the doctor saying we had to remove the tube aswell. If all goes well with only the cyst being removed how long does recovery normally take, I go to the gym so want to get back to it asap.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry about losing your tube, I had an ectopic pregnancy on my left tube and had 2 successful pregnancies afterwards.

Recovery really depends on which type of op your having, laparoscopic surgery is relatively simple and your up and about within hours. A Laparotomy will obviously involve a few nights in hospital depending on where you are living of course. After my laparoscopic surgery I felt well quite quickly, I was just very bloated for a while, and had to go up 2 sizes for comfort. The laparotomies were entirely different, 7 weeks recovery for the first one which was just a cyst removal and c section type cut, my second laparotomy was an 8" vertical cut for a cyst, tube, ovary and adhesions removal, that took me a lot longer with 12 weeks off work.

It's now 14 weeks and I'm very much walking at my usual pace, running up the stairs and wearing heels again.

Everyone is different and really depends on how surgery you actually have.

A surgeon worth their salt will always try and preserve everything else if they can.

Go to the gym by all means but just take things right back down to basics and build yourself up. Your body will tell you when you need to just rest and also when you have done too much. I found a day of activity and then a day off suited after about 5 weeks.

• Posted

Hi Fljack, I was told that they are just removing the cyst, nothing about my tube, I think it's just me panicking after reading other people's stories

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.