Worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question on whoever has lost alot of weight with orlistat and underactive thyroid,

Ive lost 95lbs being underactive thyroid since birth and using Orlistat,

Just got a stone to go but so worried abt gaining the weight bk not tht i feel ill change my eating bk how it was but bcuz being underactive thyroid and all that metabolism thing,

Any advice will be appreciated xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've got an under active thyroid too and been on orlistat nearly 4 months and I've lost 3 and half stone but it's slowing down and worried It won't shift anymore

• Posted

Oh wow 3stones thts brilliant

Dont worry it will be ok as i was in the same boat jst carry on like now n ull be amazed

Im only worries bcuz after i leave orlistat i feel i might gain all bk altho im planning to eat and exercise even better after my last 14 lbs

• Posted

I want to lose another 9 stone really and I really want it off but I'm terrified it will all come back on also once I stop taking orlistat

• Posted

Thats normal to feel like that but i feel that fear is good in a way as once uve reached ur goals you'll be more mindful about your life style,

My goal was 8stones and now just a stone to go i must admit i fear aswel but if i be honest it does help me choose to eat healthier and continue exercise,

Only being underactive thyroid is bugging me

• Posted

Hi Sonia,

In my orlistat research I did read something about orlistat also being used to maintain weight loss in patients with other conditions and risk factors.

Are you using orlistat under the supervision of a physician? If not, I highly recommend it because of your interactive thyroid condition. A doctor will be able to monitor your progress in both areas more effectively and can advise you when the time comes if you should stop orlistat, go down to a maintenance dosing, or possibly switch to something else for maintaining your weight loss.

Hope that helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.