Worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a CT scan Friday showing an enlarged liver and spleen.

Lymph node in my lung.

It also showed fecal rentention.

Is there anyway this could be mistaken and is actually a tumor?!

I have IBS with diarrhea and never get conspitation. So I am puzzled as to why it would say rentention.

I also had an ultrasound on my groin last month showing a 2cm lymph node there as well.

Should I be pressing for my testing?! 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’m going to need more background.

How old are you? Male or Female?

Why was the scan done and was it CT Chest-Abdo-Pelvis.

Which doctor organised this scan?

Have you suffered any fevers, night sweats or weight loss?

• Posted

26, female!

3 months of extreme fatigue and fevers as well as a lymph node in my groin and right leg pain.

They first ultrasounded the groin verifying the lymph node.

I waited a month and came back in still feeling horrible and started with RUQ pain. Liver felt enlarged in palpitation.

They ordered blood work that is pending and sent me for a scan

Which showed the above post stuff.

My spleen when from 10 to 12

And my liver from 14 to -5.3

I have had bowel issues for a few years with IBS which is why I'm wondering why it would say rentention. And could that actually be something else 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.