Worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi am new here just of recent 3 days after my period i hav been gettin a weird pain left abt 1 inch of my navel. Sometimed i get muscel spasms aswel but with d navel pain i feel upset. Does anyone hav an idea until i go to a gp ? Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

How long have you had this pain?  Does it always come on after your period and do you have any other symptoms? You may be experiencing ovulation pain which can be on your left or right side depending on which ovary is releasing an egg.  It is often a sharp, stabbing pain.  However, see your doctor to get an accurate diagnosis.
  • Posted

It started 3 days after period an hav been goin an cmin an on my panty line moving frm both sides
    • Posted

It is possible for both ovaries to release an egg at the same time or for one ovary to release more than one egg..  You may also have a cyst.  Are you having any bleeding between periods?  Also ask about endometriosis.

I started with these sorts of pains too, but I also had constipation and nausea with it followed by back pain and loose stools. I was diagnosed with IBS.  Do you have any bowel habit change?

• Posted

Irritable bowel syndrome.  However, other causes have to be ruled out first before IBS is diagnosed.  My symptoms started before my period and made my period feel worse so I thought my period was to blame. I also thought I had a stomach bug, an intolerance to oranges and potatoes or a urine infection.  I had none of these things.

IBS can make your period worse and your period can make IBS worse.  The pain is very like period cramps.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing ..my womb area feels heavy an weird..somtimes its gd an den i feel a cramp on d panty line on both sides after i pass gas or its bak to normal...i hate wat we all r goin tru
    • Posted

With IBS you get pain all over your stomach and gas can be a problem too. However gnaecological problems should be checked out first. All these organs are very close to one another and it can make it difficult to pin down which one is causing pain. I didn't get a feeling of heaviness in my womb area though.

• Posted

It affects my lower bak also my dr gave me antibiotics which am gettin a relief i do hope it stops soon..

Tanks for sharing

• Posted

Once you have finished your antibiotics, you will be able to judge better if your symptoms have cleared up.  If they don't, keep going back to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.