Worried

Posted , 9 users are following.

Anybody else had very very hard time thinking and processing stuff and hard time talking? Im scared this caused brain damage or there is something else going on. I dont know what to do i can not think at all its hard to talk to other people I am very very forgetful I dont know what im doing held the time it is so hard for me to think about things! And having hard time talking!

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Emma, i know i have struggled greatly with processing things and not being able to spit out the words my brain is trying to! Very fuzzy feeling..can't even focus on a tv show..so frustrating & disheartening..I think this is pretty common and may just be an inflammatory response from the body trying to fight this nasty virus? Have you tried ibuprophen for few days to see if that eases up a bit? I have to stay away from ibuprophen cause I am suffering from stomach issues and a nearly non functioning digestive system but i have spent 6 months reading (when my blurry eyes alow) about this virus and some people feel alittle better on anti inflammatories..hard on stomach tho..take care and wishing you well! Lecasco

• Posted

Hey lecasco,

Im also suffering from stomach issues after 8 months of GF. I feel very nauseous and light headed after i eat and im never hungry, ive lost a lot of weight. I also get a really wierd feeling thats hard to describe but its like my nausea is connected to my head which gives me a terrible strange headache. The docs have given me omeprazole for it. Do you experience similar symptoms? If yes what helps you?

• Posted

I had bouts of nausea during this whole year. There were days that I hd to suck on ginnger candies otherwise I had the urge to throw up. I never vomited though. And i had a strange feeling the my brain is causing the nause or vice versa. 

The strangest symptoms I have ever experience have been within this year. 

• Posted

I have it too. I go to College and I struggle over simple problem solving. My speech is slurred. Like I speak without thinking. My hed fills like cotton. I also have dizziness. I think the poor quality of sleep is behind this. 
    • Posted

OMG yes I talk without thinking! And i have not been able to sleep good in like a week im up off and on all night and I think that might be some of my problem has it eased any for you what month are you on and how old or you? Im 17.
    • Posted

It's been almost a year for me. I'm in my 30s. And you know if you don't get a good night's sleep then your body can be in a havoc. I even get bruises I guess again from lack of sleep. I don't know how but 1 day I had a good sleep and all day I was feeling amazing. The first months for me were the worst then I was getting better but still had throat and ear pain. But then in January I got worse again, don't know why, maybe got a secondary throat infection. You're very young, you'll recover slowly but steadily smile

• Posted

Thinking of you Emma and Lesaco and still fully believing in your recovery - hang in there guys and remember today is another day away from the day of infection and a day nearer to full recovery.

Craig

• Posted

Hey Emma,

Just wanted to let you know still standing with you at this hard time and thinking about you today - remember these feelings will pass and just to keep telling yourself things will get better and you will get through this - because you will and it is true! Deep and slow breathing is a good technique when feeling panicked that has helped me a lot.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks so much Craig you give great support! I started taking multi vitamins vitamin b complex vitamin b 12 and 1000 mg of vitamin c! I sure hope things get better and this want last forever cause its driving me insane! I just want to be,back to normal!
    • Posted

Hi Emma,

My daughter and I have had this symptom, very scary but it does eventually go away.

• Posted

Have yall recovered fully? Has that symptom lessened for yall or is it gone?
    • Posted

Hi Emma,

Pretty much gone, if I get over tired or I am ill I notice these symptoms but not to the extent I did when I was sick. We call it brain fog.

• Posted

How long did yours last? Like when was the worst phase of it?
    • Posted

Hi Emma, 

Pretty much about 11 months, the worst phase for me was between 2 months and 11 months.

• Posted

You're doing all you can to help yourself Emma, remember not to beat yourself up or be hard on yourself because this virus is so debilitating and it's normal to feel so down and beaten up, but it will get better and want you to know that it won't last forever, no way! Things will get back to normal. It does take a few months for some people which I know is horrible when going through it, but remember in the long run this goes away and you will be back to full health - and you are young so chances of quicker recovery are much much better.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.