Worried

Posted , 9 users are following.

Anybody else had very very hard time thinking and processing stuff and hard time talking? Im scared this caused brain damage or there is something else going on. I dont know what to do i can not think at all its hard to talk to other people I am very very forgetful I dont know what im doing held the time it is so hard for me to think about things! And having hard time talking!

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey emma, im 8 months in to the day and im experiencing all of those things! Its driving me bloody mad. I feel like my head is an empty space. Its like im in a bubble and im just sort of existing, not very nice. Hope it improves for you soon, stay away from sugar (if you can), i take magasorb, a stong multi vitamin, and siberian ginseng. If you are physically well enough try getting back to a routine. Im now back at college and although i sit in my classes staring into space most of the time i feel a lot better and happier now that im not at home dieing of boredom.
  • Posted

Yes, this is exactly what my son, Hayden, is describing. EXACTLY!! You are not alone. These symptoms are still present, but he is getting IV treatments at a Naturopathic clinic. Fatigue completely gone after six 25 gram vitamin C IV's. We are now working on getting his brain fog and sore throat better.

• Posted

Hello all..I'm sorry for anyone suffering and truly happy for those feeling better or making progress! I have stayed off here mostly recently as I have just deteriorated, mentally and physically breaking down and hate to plague anyone with my woes..however, could someone describe brain fog to me? My brain is basically numb..I'm numb, I think I'm depressed but I really don't know..I feel as if something has invaded my brain! Idk if it's the virus or if i have some auto immune disease attacking me systemically?! Im totally whiped out now..I mainly sit and stare..same mouth, gum and teeth pains and digestion has basically stopped..zero appetite..ok..I'm thinking of you all and wishing you all well!

• Posted

Hello all..I'm sorry for anyone suffering and truly happy for those feeling better or making progress! I have stayed off here mostly recently as I have just deteriorated, mentally and physically breaking down and hate to plague anyone with my woes..however, could someone describe brain fog to me? My brain is basically numb..I'm numb, I think I'm depressed but I really don't know..I feel as if something has invaded my brain! Idk if it's the virus or if i have some auto immune disease attacking me systemically?! Im totally whiped out now..I mainly sit and stare..same mouth, gum and teeth pains and digestion has basically stopped..zero appetite..ok..I'm thinking of you all and wishing you all well!

• Posted

Hi Lesaco,

I really feel the pain you are going through, please don't worry about not being able to post on the forum or anything like that - I've had times like that recently too where just feeling so low and down with my own circumstances that I've not been able to post on here either, not because I don't want to be on or help others, just because it's so hard when feeling so down.

Just want you to know there is still hope today Lesaco, you've been through so much and just so sorry that things have been so harsh lately - this won't continue forever Lesaco, there WILL be a turning point where things start to become more bearable and improve and that will work towards the point when you feel full recovery. I trust God is looking after you right now Lesaco and remember get plenty of rest and don't beat yourself up at this time - this is not your fault and you are truly not going crazy this virus just does this to you and makes you question all sorts of things about yourself and your ability to cope and recover - I went through the same and got through that stage - sometimes it's just time I know that's hard to take when feeling so poorly. Mono can do all these things to you that you describe, so it is most likely that this is the root cause rather than anything else, of course always worth checking in with the doc for reassurance.

Just hoping you feel much better soon and remember still thinking about you even when you're not able to post.

Craig

• Posted

Craig, thank you sooo much! Im trying to hang in there..so much appreciate your kind encouraging words! I've been thinking of you..along with others..I sure pray for all of our issues to resolve! God bless

• Posted

Thanks so much Lesaco, I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers that means a lot to me at this time too as I'm struggling to get my health and life back on track too.

Yes just keep trying to hang in there, remember that if today isn't great then it's okay, it will pass and better days will be ahead - this whole time will pass and your health will return I'm still believing fully in that for you Lesaco, and that you are going to feel like your old self again.

Take care and hoping for a good day,

Craig

• Posted

I don't know if you have been tested for EBV (Epstein Barr virus), but it seems to me that what you are describing is the virus, which can effect the central nervous system, causing all the brain "fog". Yes, it feels like something has invaded your brain- like your brain has deteriorated. My son is experiencing exactly the same thing. I know it is extremely hard, but need to keep faith that this will resolve. Unfortunately, that time may differ for everyone. Please have faith and take one day at a time (although for us, one day sometimes feels like a week/ month!) 

• Posted

Hi Emma,

When I first got sick I started mixing up my languages (I am fluent in 2) and would speak my native tongue to my English speaking boyfriend 😂 I also would not be able to watch tv unless it was a re-run or something I watched many times.. my brain just wasn’t keeping up and didn’t understand?! Also speaking and thinking fatigued me greatly I remember several weeks in only being able to handle 10 minutes of conversation before I needed to be alone in quietness. So this virus definately makes your thinking and processing whacky! Also.. I  Would wake up after a nap and momentarily forget where I was or what date it was etc. Scary! All gone now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.