worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been obsessed with the thought of something wrong with my heart for a couple of months after I had some chest pains that lasted a day. The last time I had my heart checked was February after my first anxiety attack, and every test came back fine. Everytime my heart races or I get a ping of discomfort I get freaked out. Do you think if there was something wrong I would be in the hospital by now?? I need reassurancesad( I go to the cardiologist in October for my yearly checkup and I’m absolutely TERRIFIED. Someone please reassure me 😭😭

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention that I’m 15, never smoked/drank, healthy, and I have a pretty bad diet.. but other than that I’m healthy. I have Panic disorder, major depressive disorder, and obsessive thoughts. I’m currently on remeron 30mg, but I’m going to be switching to Prozac soon 
    • Posted

Hi Shelby. I understand where you are coming from I’ve been obsessed with my health and even check my pulse multiple times a day. I’ve had ECG’s bloods heart scans and everything is fine. Chest pain is a common muscular symptom of anxiety. I know it’s hard but if you are that worried go to the hospital and get checked. 
  • Posted

Hello Shelby- I am a chronic sufferer of Anxiety/panic disorder and depression for almost 20 years. I had my heart checked five times by the A&E doctors in the space of 3 months in 2017 and it was found to be normal. At the time I was under personal stresses and anxiety level was very high. As you said, your heart was checked and tests were normal. Most probably the symptoms and palpitations you get are due to anxiety disorder. They are very common for your condition and I am very familiar with them. I don't think you should be worried or concerned about these symptoms. Just to put your mind at ease have your heart checked again in October and then just convince yourself  that it is ONLY anxiety that is causing these symptoms and nothing else. Hope your medication works for you. Also try to have yourself referred for Psychological treatment to overcome anxieties.

Good luck  

• Posted

Hi Shelby

I have been on Mirt for 8 years now and am presently having same thought as you.

I know is very difficult to get that thought out of you head but I see you are really too young to even think to have problem with your heart. ... See your Cardiologist to exam you and that will releave you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.