Worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

Sorry, I know we are all worried which is why we are here but I truly would welcome your thoughts and guidance.

I have over the past 4 weeks had a constant discomfort in my head, right side behind ear about 2-3" in.  It also appears downwards towards my neck and in my neck and upwards to top of my head and forehead.  Not behind eye.  Into ear. / cheekbone  As the day progresses I feel like I am getting warm, not hot, no temperature that I am aware of but haven't got a thermometer!

This isn't new.  I have had the discomfort that appears behind my ear and into the head in a straight line for years, but just occurring here and there and generally worn off by mid afternoon.  This time though it is the one thing I can be assured of daily, and it is still there when I go to bed. 

I have occasionally had, again over the years, like a sensation of pin prickling to my scalp and face, no rash ever appearing and lasting for a day or two.

I have never seen my GP about this but did make an online appointment for tomorrow - but when I went on to check the time no appointment for me!!  So I have now made another appointment for next Saturday which is the earliest I can get.

Has anybody any ideas of what this is please?  As the days go by I am getting more worried.

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you grind your teeth or swing your jaw? You may do it when you are asleep. Bruxism can affect muscles and nerves from your head to shoulder blade.
    • Posted

Hello, thank you for your reply.

No, I neither grind my teeth or swing my jaw.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.