Worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got diagnosed with UC back in Jan of 2018, since then I have been pretty forgetful with taking my medication. The last week or so I have felt excruciating pain from time to time that feels like it's in the pit of my stomach and travels up to my chest then back down again. I am worried that I will need surgery or something of that nature and I just don't really know what to feel or do. Help?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i my self was very forgetful if takein pills i got a pill box with days of week on there right next to my bed also i have a white bored on the fridge that says dont forget to take pills i have found that simple reminders like that have helped so much also with the pain it could be a few reasons im not a expert but myself i get pains when im hungry or sometimes tired or in the past forgetting my pills the pain can be a number of things it took me time to understand what they meant to me best advice i can give is seek medical advice and try different things one at a time so you can understand what you body is saying also never be scared to ring for medical advise or tell you doctors you dont feel right i would recommend looking for a IBD team in your hospital if you cant find one my team is in Doncaster royal infirmary they are always happy to listern and offer advise and support

• Posted

hi tinamburns 11 just to let you know that i understand how you feel to say don,t worrie may not be the right thing to as uc is the type of problem that is made worse and you know about it as it is like a circle i can remember that very well i had cu from the age of 12 had an opp at 18 even now coming up to 70 some things you can remember like yesterday and that is one the medication today is much better now so explain to your doctor just how you feel and maybe some other medication could help lets know how you get on all the best from 89152

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.