Worried about a brain tumour

Posted , 15 users are following.

ive had headaches for about 4 weeks.  The optician did a full test and couldn't see anything and when I went to see my GP she did a full neuro test and said everything was ok.  I think she is only doing an MRI to reassure me, but I hav not been reassured and still think I have a tumour.  Any help would be appreciated

1 like, 120 replies

120 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey! My name is Joey and I'm a teenager! I have recently had a pretty much constant headache for about 3 months now. I am very paranoid and always have been about illnesses etc and this is not helping. When looking up cause, a brain tumor came up which has just worried me even more. Although only sharing one symptom a headache I always all paranoid and always thinking about it. I was wondering if you had any ideas or solutions. Or anything to hopefully reassure me!
    • Posted

I was in the same position as you.  I kept going to the doctors and they kept reassuring me that it was not a brain tumour.  I had a headache for about 2 months.  In the end I had an MRI and all was clear.  Remember brain tumours are rare headaches aren't.  With a tumour you will get other symptoms: fits, problems with your eyes, balance and change of personality.  If you want reassurance quickly go to an opticians and ask for an eye test plus the full camera to look behind your eyes.  Often the optician is the first person to tell if there is something wrong.  Let me know how you get on.  Also if you are constantly worried about something your brain will pick it up so your headaches will continue.  Let me know if this is helpful.  Remember you want the full eye test an camer preferably 3d it may cost about £20
    • Posted

Remember to tell the optician you are suffering from headaches
    • Posted

Sorry I forgot to say ask your GP to give you a basic neurological test that often picks things up
    • Posted

Okay thank you! I wear glasses so an eye test can be very easy to get. I will keep you updated thank you!

• Posted

My daughter-in-laws cousin had no symptoms and went for an eye test and camera and the spotted changes behind the eye.  Turned out it was a tumour. Certainly worth going.
    • Posted

What I am trying to get at that she had no symptoms.  You have headaches but no other symptoms.  Just a headache isn't usual with a tumour it will affect other parts of your body.  People normally with tumours will go to the doctor when they start having fits or blackouts
    • Posted

If you have a headache for a few months you would be getting other symptoms.  Still advise you to go to the optician and get retinal photography done.  Tell him you have had headaches
    • Posted

I'm seeing my optician on Thursday so I will ask for the camera behind my eye if they have that facility?? I hope they do as this headache constantly is getting me down sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.