Worried about a brain tumour

Posted , 15 users are following.

ive had headaches for about 4 weeks.  The optician did a full test and couldn't see anything and when I went to see my GP she did a full neuro test and said everything was ok.  I think she is only doing an MRI to reassure me, but I hav not been reassured and still think I have a tumour.  Any help would be appreciated

1 like, 120 replies

120 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am also heaving headache for 4 weeks. Need to show doctor. 
    • Posted

Have you seen your GP.  Remember headaches are very common and worrying will make it worse.  Any other symptoms 
  • Posted

I am suffering with health anime it is driving me mad ! I have been suffering with headaches and am so paranoid it is a brain tumour! I have have fever and am taking fexofenadine so not sure if that has anything to do with it! I went to the docs yesterday who is treating me for sinusitis and put me on steroids and antibiotics ! I had any eye test 2 weeks ago and all was fine but I am still convinced it is something else .....
    • Posted

OMG... So glad there are other people out there like me.

I have been suffering from headaches and strange sensations around my head for months. Over the last year I have been to see my GP more times than I have in my entire 35 years. I have been referred to ENT, physio everything and now I have finally neen given an MRI scan. The appointment is tomorrow, but right now I am more scared than ever. All I am thinking is that it will show something sinister and I will have to wait at least a week before I am told the results. I'm guessing that it will be a very long and even more painful week.

I am trying to convince myself that it isbjust anxiety but am not having much luck. Even when I am trying to think rationally and telling myself that I am over thinking things, I shouldn't google my symptoms and I am just being paranoid I always go back to thinking the worst.

Anyone else got any ideas on how I can stop sitting here worrying myself silly?

• Posted

I know this was posted a while back, but did you get the results from the MRI scan? <3

• Posted

Thanks for asking.  It was clear and I was diagnosed with sensitisation.  How are you?
    • Posted

Oh that's good to hear! I'm glad, and I'm doing fine all things considered. Thanks biggrin

• Posted

Wait, what's sensitsation? Sorry, I'm new to all this. <3

• Posted

It's caused by stress mainly.  It's basically when your brain is overloaded and you can get all sort of symptoms.  I got tinitus and flashing lights.  I will try and explain more later

• Posted

My MRI scan came back clear too... I still get the odd headache and dizziness too, but I am putting a lot of down to stress and anxiety.

Although I have also found out that I have a slipped disc in my neck, and trying to work out whether some of my symptoms are caused by that.

• Posted

Hi, how are you feeling now?

Still getting the headaches and dizziness?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.