Worried about a mole

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I find my state in a worry about a mole on my leg. My legs very rarely make an appearance in the sun but due to hot weather I had to get the shorts out. Whilst sitting I paid particular attention to a mole on my leg. It has always been there and if I am honest have never paid much attention to it tho noticed like a white spot in it. I picked the spot and it bled a little, this is the area to the top of the mole that Iooks light brown like a hole. What bothers me is not only this but the dark brown spot in the mole. Of course I have been on google and everything I read has me panicking. I then downloaded a skin vision app and took a photo of the mole it said high risk. I will get a doctors appointment but it is bank holiday and then I will probably have to wait 2 weeks to actually be seen. I have googled and am worried the bit I picked is an ulcer or the brown bit in the middle is an ulcer, melanoma that is ulcerated is not a good sign. Sorry to go on it's just worrying me and not helped by the doctors being closed.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. If you're too worried to wait for a doctor's appointment have you thought of going to an urgent care centre or (if you don't mind a long wait) A&E?

• Posted

Hi Joy, thank you for your reply. I don't think a&e would be helpful they would tell me to see a doctor when they open. I just hope I can get a quick appointment when I call the drs as the worry is beginning to consume me sad

• Posted

I know that feeling! If it should turn out to be something malignant you would be amazed at how many people make a full recovery. The not knowing is the worst bit.
  • Posted

Hi,

You should get an appointment through your go for the Dermatology clinic .

These clinics are very well organised at diagnosing and treating cancerous, as well as non cancerous moles.A biopsy consisting of a small incision under local anasthaetic will be sent for analysis, and the results within 2 weeks.

Most moles are not serious and those that are ,if caught early can be dealt with.

I had 5 biopsies and one was malignant melanoma, but was sorted quickly.

Best wishes,

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.