Worried about Achilles Tendon rupture recovery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, Ruptured mine 16 June, for 3 weeks was on non weight bearing cast. went back to be checked on 07 July (after 3 eeks), now on removable cast with reduced angle, can put a bit of weight on it, but still have to walk with the crutches, to be honest I can even walk (short) without crutches without feeling any prssure or pain. Apparently there was 6cm gap when it was ruptured! The doctors are happy with the healing process but I am a bit worried, there is still a hallow where it was ruptued, which make me worried what if does't heal! I was wondering how your recovery was (is)?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all,

Ruptured my Achilles' tendon 2 and a half weeks ago. Was in a cast for a week and a half with my foot in the equine position. Then given the option of surgery or non surgery. As the rear was 1cm I choose non surgery. (My thinking was to let the body try to heal itself).

I was put into a boot straight away with 5 heel raisers. One to be taken out every 2 weeks. Full weight bearing straight away however.

I've been in the boot for nearly a week now and i take it off 3 times a day to do some ankle mobilisations and calf massage.

I have no real pain whatsoever just feels tight in certain positions. I'm sleeping with the boot on which is also a pain.

Physio should start in the next couple of weeks and my next appointment is in 6 weeks.

At the moment I'm very conscious of re-rupture!! For those that have is it the same pain as initial? Every time I knock it I think I have made It worse!

Thanks! Hope all of your recoverys go as quick as possible!

Ty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.