Worried about bowel cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

A year ago I started having pain under my sternum then about 4 months ago I started with abdominal cramps and bloating. My bowel habits are all over the place due to a severe spinal cord injury 2 and half years ago. The last few months have included very loose stools which is rare for me. My Gp did blood tests and said they are all fine but i said i was concerned about bowel cancer and he said its not as it woukd show up in the tests and i would have lost a lot of weight. Whats your guys thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to say I now have Mucus in stools.

• Posted

Ask your doctor for colonoscopy, most likely its IBS.. but its better to rule out anything sinister.

• Posted

PR is right. A colonoscopy will rule cancer in or out and will often explain what your problem is (assuming it is not cancer).

• Posted

I forgot to add: there are many bowel cancer kits that require you to take a sample and mail it for a pathology exam. That said, a colonoscopy is more definitive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.