Worried about bowel cancer

Posted , 1 user is following.

Can anyone offer advice please? i feel so unwell both physically and mentally. 5 weeks ago i had an upset stomach which resulted in diarrohea, following that i started to have 4-5 BM a day that were loose for a couple of weeks. That has since reduced to one which is quite firm of a morning. I also have intermittent tailbone pain. The worst symptom is bloating and tenderness in my lower abdomen all the time. it never goes down. i also have intermittant cramping and random stomach pains with some nausea. i lost my appetite but that is starting to return. ive been to my gp who thinks its irritable bowel and will settle. She has done full bloods, ca125 and stool samples for blood and infection. all were negative. should i be reassured? GP doesnt seem concerned but im not getting any better and anxiety through roof. Any advice / reassurnace would be greatly received.

thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.