worried about bowels

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i'm a 53yr old lady, beensuffering from bowel issues for 2weeks like going 3 times a day or feel like i want to pass bowel after something to eat i've been on sertraline for 11 days so dont know if that is problem lost a bit of weight but i'm not eating as got no appitite from tablets had blood work done it was normal  no blood in stools but worried it may be cancer any one got any advice please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi wendy94366

it could be the drugs you are taking- (side effects) ?

Look at the info slip inside the box of your pills-if you haven't lost weight and your bloods are normal-I doubt that you have cancer-  This is just my opinion-

Good wishes

Susan

• Posted

I agree on that also it probably is just the side effects from that medicine call your doctor and let them about that Wendy.
    • Posted

hi susan i have lost 7lb but weight has stayed the same for 3 weeks not lost or gained since then but doctor said everything cant be put down to tablets or anxiety and by saying that he made me feel worse
  • Posted

Wendy i agree with the other responses I'm not a doctor but red flags are losing 10 percent of your body weight in a sort amount of time and since your maintaining your weight that's promising but definitely see a doctor if you get more symptoms could be ibs or many other gastro issues non life threatening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.