worried about cervical cancer - pls help me

Posted , 2 users are following.

So i've been having a number of problems for the past 4 months. I'm 23 female. Not only have I been experiencing awful acid reflux (and pain on upper right side of abdomen), Ive have a number of pelvic issues.

have mirena coil which has been fine for 3 years, until 3 months ago my period came early (and i bled heavily). After my period had finished i continued to bleed after sex a few times. I had pelvic pain so bad (2 weeks before period) that I went to A&E

Now, I have weird urinary symptoms...

So not going to pee as much, and when I go there feels like a lot of urine should come out. However, I can't finish evacuation and it hurts my pelvis during peeing.Occassionally have had some incontinence when I cough etc. My urine is also a lot more concentrated than usual. & i have IBS which used to be loose stools, which have now completely changed to harder stools less frequently.

I'm so worried I may have cervical cancer. I have no UTI or infection and my ultrasound was clear. Because I am 23 I cannot get a smear test done, and my gynea referral won't be for another month. I did have the HPV vaccine when I was younger, but i also started having sex when I was 15 (so i would be slightly higher risk).

I can't help but think the worst. My body doesn't feel right. What else could cause urinary symptoms?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

have u had your urine sent off to check your bladder and kidneys ??

• Posted

its sounds more like bladder kidney infection due to the fact u have pain whilst weeing in the abdomin rather than cervical cancer etc as that usually causes very heavy abnormal bleeding and discharge back pain leg pain etc given your age it would be rare and also the fact u have had the vaccination ...im not saying theres no possibility of having cervical cancer at such a young age because it has happened to some ppl but its alot more common in older middle aged women

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.