worried about cervical/ovarian cancer 😢

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyone has ever had brown/pink discharge in between your periods? Im so scared as im on the pill and am deffo not pregnant, my period is'nt due for another 12days😢 things i have read is it could be cervical cancer and the right side of my bk aches too. Im not sure if its purely down to stress as im an absolute wreck with this health anxiety and its completely ruining my life, ive two beautiful children and a great partner and worry myself sick incase something bad happens to me, i find myself so miserable all the time and scared when i just want to be the normal happy go lucky person i used to be😭 is anyone else scared all the time like me?? Xx

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes! All the time, every minute of every day! It's draining! But i am having therapy and medication now so it is improving slowly. You should mention the dishcharge to your GP though.... I had that years ago and it turned out to be fibroids, but it should be checked... And speak to the doc about your health anxiety while you are there xx
    • Posted

Hiya tracie i am starting therapy on wednesday so im praying that it will help as at the mo i feel sick to my stomach with worry, i always think the worst case with any ache or pain, i never used to be like this i never used to worry and now for the past 6month it got worse and then the last few weeks have been horrendous, i been having panic attacks, crying, cant eat as i feel sick with worry!! If its not one thing its another, are you the same then? I cant believe how many people are actually like this, health anxiety is evil 😠😭
    • Posted

Yes i am the same... I have been steadily getting worse since a health crisis i had 18 months ago which must have affected me more than i realised at the time. Therapy will help you, you will recover, but you have to put in the effort and you have to really want it. There are lots of us here and we all understand exactly what each other is going through, so stick around .... Its a huge benefit to get support from people who understand what you are going through xx
    • Posted

Awwww its awful isnt it 😣 im so glad i found this forum where like u say we understand eachother, i cant stop crying now as i am worried sick about the discharge, im going to book in the doctors nxt week but im petrified of goin, just so so so acared of it being cancer 😭 i think the worst thing anyone can do is google.... if only i listend to my own advice eh 😩 xx
    • Posted

It is awful yes, but we don't have to suffer, we can get better. I stopped googling ages ago, its unhelpful to us, i also do not watch the news any more.  Once you start seeing the therapist you will notice a slow improvement honey, and the bleeding could be lots of other things! I know what otslike though when you are worried, nothing any body says will convince you otherwise, so thats why the therapy is needed xx
    • Posted

I know it sounds disgusting but the discharge is just slightly brownish colour and was a bit pink yesterday morning 😣 it only started friday!! But me being me and like many of us im in panic mode, i know exactly what u mean about the news as i cant watch this anymore and i cant watch medical programmes anymore eg casualty or holby city!! I dont understand where health anxiety comes from its just like it plagues u one day and then u cant shake it off😦 its awful too coz ive no patience at the mo and i just so desperately want to be happy, my doctor gave me blood tests about a month ago as i was worried about my bowls but he said its ibs, people keep saying to me if there was anything wrong anywhere in my body my blood test results would of picked up on it, the nurse who did the blood test said its a good one to have too, i really want to believe them but ive got this niggling thing in my head saying otherwise!! I really hope therapy works, really reluctant to take meds as i dont want to rely on them everyday xxx
    • Posted

If you look back your anxiety has probably been building for a little while, the bowels playing up will have been a clue but because we lead such busy lives and have responsibilities we just crack on with it dont we.... Until our bodies say "enough" and make us pay attention.  I suffered with pins and needles down one side for more than a year and went several times to the doctor convinced i was having a stroke...( i watched my mother have one years ago and was convinced it was now my turn)  once i started therapy i understood from week ONE that its anxiety and its part of the bodies response to the fight or flight mechanism... If you are going to google anything, google that, it will explain why your body does what it does and it might help you to normalise it... It did for me xx
    • Posted

Yeah our bodies do react to anxiety in different ways, ive had the dizzyness and feeling off balance, back ache all over and neck, the not being able to catch my breath, tingling in hands and warm sensation in my arm, i keep feeling like i want to wee so im wondering if all this discharge stuff is a bladder infection with being run down... i dunno just feel so confused, that must of been awful to see ur mum have a stroke and of course any of those symptoms and u think ur going to have one😣 i totally get what u mean!! Its same with me as i know 2 people who had cervicle cancer and this makes me worse as i think well its going to happen to me too, hopefully it wont be anything and i can get this therapy started xxx
    • Posted

It was awful, yes! It happened in my kitchen 6 years ago and at the time i dealt with it very well, but it seems to have caught up with me now. She made a good recovery thanks to being a feisty bird! I try to be the same but for some reason i take after my father who suffered with anxiety for years and am just having to learn different ways of coping with lifes ups and downs... Its not easy but forums like this are great because you know people understand. Its not always easy for family or friends or partners or work colleagues to get it but we do here, we all live it day to day and its good to sound off to others who know what its like x
    • Posted

Oh god that would of been horrible for u to see, so happy that she made a full recovery ☺ i dont know where i get my anxiety from tbh... ive got a good family but i feel they are fed up of me moaning and saying ive got this or ive got that, my mum has been very upset with it all and wants me to get right. When i told her about the discharge she said i need to stop worrying as there is nothing i can do over the weekend and to book in with my gp nxt week, i know what shes saging is right but with people like us we cant seem to do that😕 its so hard!! Alls my family keep saying is if there was anything wrong my bloods would of shown this... i want to believe them but find it so difficult xx
    • Posted

My mum is fantastic, but yes sometimes i feel as though i'm just causing her worry, or wearing her out with my constant need for reassurance... That is why seeing a therapist is so helpful... Mine is fabulous, has been from week one... I can say absolutely anything to her and she wont be shocked or upset... I trust her totally and im dreading already when the therapy ends😟 come on here when you feel you need reassurance, there is always someone who has had the same experience or is having it now and will know what to say to make you feel a bit better... Wish other forums were as lovely as this one
  • Posted

Hi Nicola,  

I am feeling the same as you at the moment.

Anxiety makes you like this.  You worry about everything especially your health.

In April I had a mammogram, I was called back because they saw something in my left breast.  I was so petrified, my anxiety went through the roof but thankfully everything was all ok, it was a cluster of tiny cysts.

I went to the dr last week as I had a pulling down feeling from my womb.  She examined me and I have got a prolapse womb and bladder but she said she saw two bumps on my cervix.  I really panicked, it was awful.  She called another dr in to have a look and she said they are two mucus filled cysts and had referred me to see a gyneocholigist.

I had a smear done last Wednesday and haven't had the results back yet, I am so worried as I have been getting lower abdomin pain on and off and lower back ache and pain also a few times when I have had sex with my bf, I have bled after but those times were when I sat on top and penetration was deeper !  Also when I had the smear it was painful and had blood on the swab.

I am so worried also 😔

The discharge that you are getting can happen if you are on the pill,I remember that happening to me before years ago.

Everything should be fine Nicola, good luck Hun, hope all goes well for you, I'm sure it will xxx

I 

• Posted

Omg poor u i know exactly how u are feeling its absolutely awful, im sure u would of heard something bk by now if anything was wrong with ur smear, but as ur like me i know u will still worry, its a vicious cycle that never seems to end... really feel for u hun 😢 im going doctors nxt week and hopefully see whats going on down there haha, i think sometimes with anxiety we make a normal ache or pain in to something it isnt, ive felt slight pulling on my right side in and around my ovaries too!! But on the other hand stress can do a hell of a lot to our bodies, hopefully we will all get right xxxx
    • Posted

Yes Nicola you are right, anxiety always makes it worse.  Fingers crossed.

Good luck for when you go to the Drs x

• Posted

Sorry to pester u but u know how u said the brownish discharge can happen when ur on the pill, can it happen even though u have been on it a while? Xx
    • Posted

Yes.   But I have also had that when I haven't been on the pill.

I think it's normal, it's brown because it is old blood.  I haven't had a period for over nine months now as I'm going through menopause but I used to get what your getting now.

I wouldn't worry about it Nicola, it's fine darling x

• Posted

Ah menopause! Such fun!!!  I agree, mention it to doc next time you go, but it isn't anything to be too worried about. I used to get it too, and awful back ache when i was ovulating x
    • Posted

Oh god the dreaded change 😠 my mum is goin through it she has been for a while, thankyou for the reassurance though, i normally get the brown discharge when i due to come on or when im coming to the end of my cycle, but as im not due on for over a week yet ive been so scared, alls u see on google is cervical cancer or something along those lines 😕 thankyou again though and hopefully i will be ok, just get so scared as im only 27 and i dont want anything bad to happen to me xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.