Worried about cystoscopy? Don't be!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Cystoscopy reassurance. I have spent the last three weeks in total panic about this procedure: had some dreadful dreams and counted the hours. I had it today and can honestly say I found it far less stressful than a smear test. It's over in minutes and painless. If anyone out there is as desperate and tearful over this as I was; please don't be. This is quick and easy and you find out straight away. Don't worry!!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Seriously....mine was just as easy and literally pain-free as yours!!  Just a bit of soreness when I peed, but got better each time I urinated. I live in the United States....maybe they do things a bit differently here??  Was better than a Pap smear for sure!!  Please don't fear the cystoscopy.....no worries...nothing to lose sleep over!! Really!!
  • Posted

Thanks for the reassurance.  I have to have one in a few weeks and like most people im scared at the thought of it.  I have learned my lesson to not go on sites and get information because ususally it makes me more nervous. Im glad I saw your post. 
  • Posted

So happy that you found this site like I did and to be able to set your mind at ease!  I found that by asking questions of my doc and his reassurance that I wouldn't feel anything because of the drugs given, my worries were needless and unwarranted!  Granted, everyone is different, but he knew of my intolerance the first time and made sure I wouldn't have that happen again smile please write back and let us know how you faired...you will be ok!

Blessings to you,

Patty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.