Worried about dementia at 35

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been extremely worried about early onset dementia lately. I am 35 and I will start by saying that I have always been an extremely anxious person and a major hypochondriac. A couple weeks ago, I found a charger box by my window sill that I had no recollection of ever putting it there. I asked my boyfriend and my older son and they also had no clue. The only thing that I can recall is that night I was putting up my Christmas tree and as I was doing that, I was also emptying out a box my boyfriend had from work and I vaguely remember a charger box in there and I must have just been doing so many thing that I can’t remember (that’s me reasoning) anyways, I completely let it go but then I started googling things and came across dementia and now I am noticing so many things like, I can completely forget parts to a conversation from a few days ago, I found a Christmas tree ornament on the table and no one knows how it got there (of course in my mind it was me) I also sometimes am in a conversation and I’ll feel like I’m snoozing out (like in in a trance and thinking of other things) honestly, I only really notice these things at home. When I’m at work I feel okay. I have never had the best memory but lately I feel off and maybe its because now I am suddenly thinking of it because I am always googling symptoms and things. I also just had a baby 6 months ago and it may be due to stress, lack of sleep and all the joys of having a newborn I have been on ambien for maybe 2-3 years and I was off of it while I was pregnant and back on when I gave birth. I stopped taking it recently because I know it can cause some memory lapses... but I need some advice… I am so worried I cry all day thinking I am going to die in a home alone and out of my mind ☹

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You will not die alone. Just invest in your relationships, and make your relationships work, and make sure you have children and it will secure your future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.