Worried about diarrhoea. Should I be?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys

I went out for a meal on Friday night and woke up on Saturday morning at 4am with a very wooshy belly. Had diarrhoea once in the morning and felt sickly. The diaries is still here 5 days later but only happens about 3 times a day in the morning/early afternoon it does not so far seem to come on a evening even after a big dinner. It does not wake me up. But when I need to go all of a sudden it's a urgent sense to go. Also I feel slightly chilly but not enough to lay in bed or anything and I've still been going to work this week even if I have to rush to toilet here and there. Is it possible to still be having diarrhoea 5 days after but no other major signs of food poisoning?

I suffer really bad with anxiety so any help would be great thank you! smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you got food poisoned, it depends on the type of food poisoning you picked up. It is also possible that you simply have caught a bug and what you ate was a coincidence. However, you should not worry because it will make you feel worse.  See your doctor if symptoms continue.
  • Posted

Hi chrislawton123

You didn't mention what you ate....obviously it was something that

didn't agree with your digestive system...you can go the

pharmacy and buy an anti diahorrea tabs...if it continues after taking

them..go see your doc

...best wishes...

• Posted

Yea what everyone else said, you probably just caught a bug or maybe a mild case of food poisoning. It's also a good Sig that you're not vomiting. Just drink lots of fluids and keep an eye on it. If it doesn't clear up in a couple days then maybe see a doctor just to be sure.

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Do you have pain during diarhea ? is it watery ? any other symptoms, like running nose, throat infection etc ?

• Posted

No runny nose, no sore throat, just when the diarrhoea comes on I feel abit cold and shivery and my belly goes into cramps for the next hour or so.

It's a mixture between very soft pellets and watery. Mostly watery though. But it can go for about 8 hours and I feel a lot better and then when I eat about half an hour later i feel the cramping and the rumbling and I need to go to the toilet quickly! sad sad

• Posted

seems your stomach has become weak in absorbing or digesting food. are you taking any digestive enzymes to help your digestion. 

This pain and watery stool clearly shows that you are facing indigestion and malabsorption. 

you got to take some digestive enzymes & pre & probiotics. you got to adjust your food as well to ease your stomach.

hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.