Worried about EKG results - Possible heart defect or disease? Please help! M

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I recently had an EKG done before brain surgery, and did not receive the results of the EKG until after the surgery was done. No doctor or nurse ever told me anything was abnormal, but the top of the EKG clearly says "abnormal" and I am terrified. My heart was going fast because I was nervous, I'm a very anxious person in nature. But what does RSR' pattern mean? And ST Changes likely early repolarization? And T wave abnormality inferior leads? I am petrified that something is wrong that need immediate medical help, I called the doctor that had the results and they said it was nothing to worry about and could have been an issue with the leads themselves. I've never had issues with an EKG before, and had a cardiologist appointment a few months ago who did a holter monitor and an Echo said apart from very few palpatations, my heart looked fine.

I just need advice from someone that knows how to read EKGs, or has seen these before. Can anyone help me make sense of this? I am recovering from brain surgery at the moment and the fear and worry is making my life a nightmare. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you so much.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Usually the readings show the heart rate in one way but yours goes in opposite directions. I think this is what is abnormal but i could be wrong. Check with your cardiologist on the subject. The heart beat rates, themselves, seem normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.