Worried about having Lymphoma

Posted , 2 users are following.

So almost two years ago i was diagnosed with a chiari malformation which is a brain condition. Please read and bare with me.. sad

My symptoms came out of nowhere, vertigo, tiredness and fatigue, sleep problems, visual problems, neurological stuff ect ect. I was so glad that i knew where these symptoms were coming from, only.. i saw a new doctor to seek help for my symptoms and she told me that my symptoms may or may not be caused by the chiari, therefore, more tests need to be done. I mentioned to her that the ophthamologist found a 1mm cotton wool spot on my eye, which they told me i didnt need to worry about, only this doctor said its unusual to come up at my age (24) and is only found in elderly with hypertension, but ive also read its found in those with lymphoma, or can be, this caused some worry and confusion for me. This is where i worry about Lymphoma, i have a lump on my neck (firm, doesnt move around much, no pain, not massive but obviously there, none on the otherside of neck) also one in my breast (no pain, hard, and moves around quite easily), im pretty sure ive had them for years and they havent changed, but could there be a chance i have this? Im so so worried that this whole time it was this and not my brain, as the doctor seemed uncertain about where these symptoms were coming from. I know i need to get these lumps looked at, but i had avoided it because i'm scared. I know i may be dramatic, but i have anxiety and aspbergers, its so easy to feel worried and think the worst. Can someone give me some advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I was diagnosed with lymphoma just over two years ago and can understand your concerns. I asked my haematologist what would have happened if I had ignored the lump behind my ear. He told me that my organs would gradually stop working and I would have died. So the point I'm making to make you feel better is that if you've had those lumps for a long time with no change they're unlikely to be cancerous. Also you would have probably had other side effects as the lymphoma took hold. My advice is to get those lumps checked out - it could put your mind at rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.