Worried about herpes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

So 9 weeks ago I had a lapdance in which the dancer was completely naked and I was fully clothed. The dance lasted around 20/25 minutes and during this time I touched her body all over and also touched my own genitals a few times. I experienced slight fever 5 days later and went to doctor who saw nothing to be wrong. I ordered iGG specific blood tests 4 weeks after the dance and they cam back as follows: HSV1 1.38 and HSV2 <0.50. i again ordered these after 8 weeks with the same results only a slight decrease in hsv1 to 1.35. i have experienced tingling mainly in my groin on and off for the past 4/5 weeks. i have no lesions in my genital area only a rash on my foreskin which doctors do not believe to be herpes related. do people think my situation was high risk and also what degree of confidence should i have in the 8 week negative test for hsv2? thanks i="" again="" ordered="" these="" after="" 8="" weeks="" with="" the="" same="" results="" only="" a="" slight="" decrease="" in="" hsv1="" to="" 1.35.="" i="" have="" experienced="" tingling="" mainly="" in="" my="" groin="" on="" and="" off="" for="" the="" past="" 4/5="" weeks.="" i="" have="" no="" lesions="" in="" my="" genital="" area="" only="" a="" rash="" on="" my="" foreskin="" which="" doctors="" do="" not="" believe="" to="" be="" herpes="" related.="" do="" people="" think="" my="" situation="" was="" high="" risk="" and="" also="" what="" degree="" of="" confidence="" should="" i="" have="" in="" the="" 8="" week="" negative="" test="" for="" hsv2?="">

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

If wasn't genital to genital then it wasn't from the stripper it has to direct skin to skin contact sexually. If you're negative yu don't have herpes. You wouldn't get herpes for being touched thou unless the herpes lesion was on her hand then no
    • Posted

Lala, unfortunately that is not the case, if you had read one of the persons responses to him, you'd seen for yourself that just touching someone else's genitals and then touching your own was enough to spread it.

There was a gentlemen on here that got it from dry humping, both wearing underwear, but got very wet and he caught it.

• Posted

I never touched her vagina just her thighs and buttocks. There were no visible lesions/blisters but I know that transmission can still occur. Would you have any confidence in the 8 week test? I did not realise I was positive for 1 either before I took the test. I am in the UK.
    • Posted

But it's a skin to skin contact disease it has nothing to do with fluids. That's like saying I spit on someone now they have herpes you cnt touch someone unless yu have a open sore and catch it. It was from someone else
    • Posted

Very accurate after 2 - 12 days of being I exposed at the 1st week it comes up once it's in your system it's easily detected but most ppl only know cause of the outbreak
    • Posted

But it's most likely you didn't get it from the stripper
    • Posted

Yes it would've popped up once in the blood stream it's easily detected
    • Posted

Lala, stop so reading case information! Go educate yourself on this, before you tell people confidently w baseless knowledge!

You clearly did not read what the other person posted and it took them 9 weeks to show they were positive. Your body takes time to build antibodies. Jesus Christ... Smh

• Posted

I would be OK w that, but best medical practice is 3-6 months. Some people take longer to build antibodies. I would feel OK, but I think you need to do another one in a month to be positive.

Aide from that, I think what you're feeling is anxiety. I think you're freaking yourself out for no reason. I feel 98% confident, you did not get it like that. Is there always a small risk? Yes, but this is a very tiny risk associated w it. Stop stressing. Your hsv 2 count didn't even change between the tests to show antibody count..

• Posted

*stop spreading false information
    • Posted

Thanks you seem to know what you are talking about. I plan to do another test at 10/12 weeks. Reason I'm worried is I have a partner who don't want to infect or lose.
    • Posted

You can get an outbreak 2-12 days of being infected so you stop misinforming ppl I did educate myself enough. And my doctor would never lie to a patient. So before coming at somebody get your facts straight
    • Posted

This is from NIH... Inform yourself please.

Genital herpes affects the skin or mucus membranes of the genitals. The virus is spread from one person to another during sexual contact.

There are two kinds of HSV:

HSV-1 most often affects the mouth and lips and causes cold sores or fever blisters. But it can spread from the mouth to the genitals during oral sex.

HSV-2 most often causes genital herpes. HSV-2 can be spread through fluids (secretions) from the mouth or genitals.

You may become infected with herpes if your skin, vagina, penis, or mouth comes into contact with someone who already has herpes.

You are most likely to get herpes if you touch the skin of someone who has herpes sores, blisters, or a rash. But the virus can still be spread, even when no sores or other symptoms are present. In some cases, you do not know you are infected.

Genital HSV-2 infections are more common in women than men.

• Posted

Yes you can get an outbreak within 12 days post encounter, in this case you would a swab test to confirm.

I have to agree with feelbroken regarding blood testing. Two weeks is not enough time(in some people) to build enough antibodies in the blood for the test to detect them.

At 8 weeks there is a 75-80%accuracy - that is, there is a 75_80%chance that the result will stay the same.

• Posted

I understand 2 weeks is too early but confident enough with the 8 week test. Very nervous to continue sexual activity with my partner as terrified to infect her. Do both of you feel 12 weeks is conclusive? Is there a % at that stage? Is that % at 8 weeks proven?
    • Posted

Yes, you can be an ob 2-12 days after infection, but you stated he could come up positive in a blood test in 2-12 days after infection, which is not true and I'll provide proof of that as well if you'd like. YOU need to stop speaking baseless information you know NOTHING about.

He can get a culture done in that time frame, but only if he has a sore/physical symptoms on the skin. Go get educated.

• Posted

No booboo, you get your facts straight. Doctor's don't know jack, especially GPs... Again, blood tests that test for antibodies, will show a false negative. I tested negative by blood a week after infection, but culture was positive. 3 months later, my blood test was positive. Get your facts straight... I actually am highly educated in the virus and have studied it at the virology level. I will skate circles around you. Girl, bye
    • Posted

The fact you have studied the virus at virology level gives me confidence. Will a 12 week test be nearly conclusive so do you feel?
    • Posted

Here you go, now go educate yourself. Well looky there, 3-6 months to build antibodies!? Say it ain't so!? Testing for a culture that tests for viral DNA and antibody blodd tests are very different. He doesn't have physical symptoms to swab from on the skin, so a blood test is all he has to rely on.

What you need to know about blood testing before you have it:

1) There is only one reliable and commercially available type of blood test for herpes antibodies called a Type Specific IgG. This test can reliably distinguish between herpes 1 and herpes 2 antibodies. There are labs that will run tests that are not type specific, but these are essentially useless. It is unfortunately not illegal to offer a useless test and some providers just don’t know the difference and may just tick off the first box for “herpes” that they see. The University of Washington (the mecca of herpes research) also offers a Western Blot test for herpes antibodies. This is the gold standard, but only performed at the University of Washington. The American Social Health Association has a great guide to the brand names of the reliable tests. If it’s not one of these tests, don’t get it. You may have to ask your health provider to check, because they might not know.

2) Blood tests take 3-6 months to turn positive after exposure because it takes 3-6 months for your body to make IgG antibodies in response to an infection.

3) There is no blood test that can tell you immediate exposure/recent infection. Some less than scrupulous labs and providers might tell you to get an IgM test. IgM antibodies are produced very soon after an infection. If your provider offers an IgM test, get up and leave because they do not know anything about herpes or testing. IgM tests for herpes are highly unreliable for the diagnosis of herpes virus infections and should never be ordered (the FDA doesn’t prevent companies from offering bad tests, just doesn’t approve them).

• Posted

Thank you new case! Someone w some sense and not spreading ignorance around! She didn't even bother to read your post and learn, about what happened to you and how you got it.
    • Posted

@feelbroken if I test negative at 12 weeks what should be my level of confidence in those results?
    • Posted

The one thing I have to agree w lala on is, if you do have it, you didn't get it from the stripper. Do you have a picture of the rash? Did the docs swab it?

You realize that oral hsv 1 can spread to the genitals right? Did you receive oral from anyone around that time frame or after?

• Posted

It is just a general rash no bumps or blisters on it. Ya doctor last week took swab should have results end of this week or next week. She didn't believe it was hsv but said she would do it for piece of mind. Think received oral the week before or maybe two weeks. That girl does get cold sores sometimes, would nearly be happy with hsv1!!
    • Posted

It should be, most people build antibodies by that time. So you've never had a cold sore on your mouth?
    • Posted

I would feel confident w the results, but it sounds like there's a chance you may possibly been exposed to hsv 1 on your genitals. Can you post a pic of your rash?
    • Posted

Doesn't seem to be an option to post pictures. If the rash was there for four weeks and only got swab in the fourth week will it still be accurate?
    • Posted

Can only do it from a computer, not the phone for some reason. Makes no sense.

They say swabs can be false negatives if not swabbed w in 48hrs of it breaking out.

• Posted

Every time that I have went to a doctor with the rash none of them believed it to be herpes related. Actually no doctor has thought herpes to be the case anytime I have went but I am still worrying myself. Suppose all I can do is wait until 12 weeks and take the test again
    • Posted

The swab came back negative anyway for 1 or 2. Prob was too late to swab but seeing as rash was there so long thought I should do it anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.