Worried about IBS or something worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

August 15th I was sick for about 4 days, I could not eat a single thing and if I did I would throw it up in the next 15-30 minutes. I was not weak or tired and was experiencing no pain or weight loss at all during this time. After the 4 days, I had very loose stools for about a week which then slowly went back to a more normal looking stool. Then for a few days every morning I had to rush to the bathroom because I could feel like I needed to pass the stool immediately. This happened for about 4 days and it was really loose but still not watery loose. Then I was ok for about a week until I started getting stomach pains. These pains are not just in one spot and they can occur at random parts around my belly button and side of my gut at random times because the pain is not constant. Depending on what I eat (usually dairy) my gut will feel like its popping with gas and every morning I have to wake up at 7am to go pass a mud like stool. I will experience mud like to ribbon like depending on the day and time but I am never constipated as I go at least once a day and there is no blood from what I can see. I suffer from sever anxiety and have had a couple anxiety attacks followed by puking last week. I just have never felt the same since I ate undercooked chicken during that week in AUGSUT. 

I have had abdominal ultrasound, 2 urine tests, CBC blood test, Testicular ultrasound and all came back fine. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I must also add my diet is not really good, I drink once in a blue moon and I do not smoke at all. 21 Year old male.
  • Posted

No ask for more tests there must be something that can be done.  Your doctor sounds useless.  Something has altered completely. 
  • Posted

Your symptoms sound like classic IBS since it started after eating undercooked chicken.  You can get post infecttious IBS after food poisoning. Try a food diary to find other food triggers and cut out dairy. 

I had a urine test, ultrasound, celiac test, stool tests for h pylori and fecal calprotectin and was diagnosed with IBS.  When all tests come back normal, IBS can be diagnosed.  Has IBS been mentioned as a possibility?   See your doctor again to get a definitive diagnosis.

• Posted

Sounds like IBS similar to some of my symptoms....I had lots of bloating too...

Had all the tests including Colonoscopy all came back normal therefore I was diagnosed with IBS...

Funny one I had a diffinitive diagnosis symptoms improved a lot. ...still suffer but not as much...

Mine is down to stress and anxiety

• Posted

A firm diagnosis vastly improved my IBS too because it got rid of my health anxiety which was fuelling my symptoms. It was the lack of diagnosis for so long that made me feel so much worse. I have stress related IBS.
  • Posted

After the food poisoning did you have a stool test? If you had something like campylobacter (Very common from chicken) it can take 8 weeks to get out your system. I'd get a stool test done and avoid dairy for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.