Worried about Larger Medical Issue

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 25 year old male with the following symptoms. I am five foot ten and weigh 296 pounds. doctors have given me pills for the heartburn but i am worried it may he something more serious. Should I worry or ask for any specific tests?

Heart burn

Phlegm every morning that requires a lot of time to clean out. And occasional phone that can be cleared quickly throughout day

Potential early satiety- I am less hungry then I used to be but I eat full meals still

Tightness in chest (same as heartburn)

IBS symptoms and I had a clean colonoscopy

Bad taste in mouth at night

Mixed cons. and diarrhea

Blood when wiping but I don’t know how to tell if it’s in my stool

Lighter than normal stools

Lower abdominal pain on and off

Feeling bloated/sick to stomach in morning after waking up

Sometimes quick shortness of breath after eating a lot comes and goes

Burping more often than I ever used to

Often have Fatigue throughout day even after waking on my own.

Do I have anything to worry about.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hello i have been having the same symptoms as you. I also had 3 endoscopies and a clean colonscopy. The doctor said it was ibs but i also doubt that diagnosis.

• Posted

I just dont want anything overlooked because of my age or weight. I would hate to miss something because my doctors think I am too young for other issues or because they assume its a result of my being morbidly obese. Do you mind me asking your height, age, and weight?

• Posted

Could be IBS which can cause the symptoms you have. Blood can occur with fissures or haemorrhoids when straining for a bowel movement. What has your doctor suggested? See your doctor for a diagnosis.

• Posted

I had a normal EKG last week and have a follow up on the 17th. hoping for a formal diagnosis but essentially I have been told everything is probably IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.