Worried about low resting heartrate...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've posted on here a couple of times already,but I still have bad anxiety,I'm worried all the time,scared all the time....I have a heartrate monitor on my phone and I got addicted to checking my HR like every 5 minutes...I noticed my resting heartrate is in the high 40's & in the 50's when im completely relaxed....I started reading up on it & the stuff I read scares me..I've been to the er so many times & to my doctor & they all say it's ok and that my heart is good,they say when you are relaxed or asleep they tend to drop into those numbers,but my anxiety makes me fear the worst..I know athletes have lower numbers,but I'm not an athlete at all!!They told me young adults that r healthy have numbers that low sometimes (I'm 32).I worry all the time,everyday,all day about this!!I'm wondering if it's the medicine I'm on 4 my anxiety (celexa)...idk I'm confused,I'm scared!!!!I've had xrays,bloodwork, & lots of ekg's done & they say im good,I just wish my mind would accept that!!!I'm always so uncomfortable on my chest,I've been stressing alot! Has anybody else been going through this??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I know it probably doesn't help but my heart is the same and I had the exact worries you do. I'm a 31 year old female, slim but not fit at all, and my heartrate is often in the 50s. Even today about an hour ago it was 58bpm - I am also a little obsessed and bought a pulse oximeter. I sometimes get palpitations and am suffering from other symptoms such as weird chest sensations, dizziness, headaches etc now and again. I've also had all blood tests, ECG, chest xray and they all came back clear. I think we should both just count ourselves fortunate that we have healthy hearts :-)
    • Posted

Thanx 4 ur reply,I have the same feelings,but it's scary,I'm always with my hand on my chest checking that my heart is still beating. I just want to feel normal again,I just walked my kids to the bus and as I'm out there I'm feeling a lil dizzy,kinda like im not myself...thinking to myself "am I really standing out here"?I've been fatigue alot,this anxiety gets the the best of me and I just want it to go away so I can be happy with my kids....it's hard to help them with their homework,projects,I've missed parent/teacher conference,appointments....due to my anxiety....I'm fearful to leave my house sometimes....I've never missed anything 4 my children and that's what hurts me the most....my husband does pretty much everything for them now...I've noticed they rely on him alot now and that used to be my spot,as I'm typing this I'm crying cause it hurts me so bad to be going through this...I love my babies!!!!!THEY R MY EVERYTHING!!!
  • Posted

Im the same have funny sansations like a fuzz in my chest palpitations can hear it feel it. constantly thinkung my heart will stop .its awful . All started a few week back and now as escultated xx
    • Posted

It is very awful!!!IT SUCKS SO BAD TO GO THROUGH THIS!!!!I thank God though that I'm still here with my kids!!!!!I'm scared to go 2 sleep sometimes cause I think I won't wake up,it has ruined my sleep so bad!!!I'm tired,nausious,dizzy all the time...I just want to feel like happy,silly self again....I miss me & I know my family does too!!it's so sad!!!
  • Posted

Mine when relaxed is 70-80 and that's very average. A mobile phone heart rate monitor isn't very accurate either.
    • Posted

To put it into context, a conditioned athlete has a heart rate around 40-60 when resting. An average Joe 40-100 it's nothing to worry about. Your heart will beat faster when you move your arms or legs cause you need blood to power your muscles. Raising your heart rate through movement is very healthy. Get up go for a walk take some deep breaths and relax.
  • Posted

I wish my heartrate was that good. Mine is resting beats 100... and i suffer from high blood pressure because of it.. ive never heard of a person suffering from anxiety to have a slow rate.. usually a high rate because there so anxious.
    • Posted

Sarah you can manually bring down your heart rate with deep slow breathing. I can make mine go from 100 to 60 in about 20 seconds. Your anxiety will drop with it too. It's a hard thing to master but it does work.
  • Posted

has someone close to you or in your family have heart issue. Please take daily suppliments. Liquids or powders. Vitamin deficiencies can wreck gavoc on you. 
    • Posted

Lol, speak to your doctor about deficiencies if you've had anxiety problems they will have done blood tests and noticed a certain vitamin you're low in. If you're not low in anything overdosing on vitamins isn't healthy. As always, speak to your GP about these things, we're not doctors and people speak from experience which isn't directly linked to YOUR experience.
    • Posted

One of my sons,he's 4 now,when he was 1 month old we found out that he had a heart disease,the doctors did open heart surgery on him and repaired the problem,now he's 4 and as healthy as can be!!but since this happened 4 1/2 years ago,I've been such a mess!!I know he's healthy now,but my mind just won't let me be happy!!!I did good good for the first 4 years on my med.,then came off of them in may,then started back on them 5 weeks ago cause my anxiety came back again!!!I have not taken any vitamins,but I have been wanting to,I'm gonna ask my doctor when I go back to see which ones I should take..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.