Worried about lymph nodes

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been sick for about 6 weeks now. Doctors have been useless so going friday on my own for EBV test.

I sure have a lot of mono symptoms but have been worried about cancer as well due to my swollen lymph nodes. Especially the enlarged one near collarbone

Has anyone one else had these lower neck glands swell?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That's an alarming lymph node to be enlarged, but also suprisingly common with mono. I've read of a guy here who said he was gonna get that particular one biopsied but then they confirmed he had mono so they didn't even do it.

I myself had my submandibular and lower neck lymph nodes enlarged the entire time (been sick since February) and they still hurt like hell and go up and down.

• Posted

Whew that is a relief just to hear from someone else. Dr Google is terrifying.

My symptoms and glands all came on within a week of each other. I keep telling myself it is unlikely to be cancer.

Also was referred for biopsy but feel I should get checked for mono first.

I had no idea mono could be so awful..but i will be glad to have it given the alternative

• Posted

Do the glands hurt? If they do, it's very very unlikely to be cancer, basically cancerous lymph nodes never hurt apart from when they're so big they press on sorrounding tissue

• Posted

BTW I indeed had a biopsy in the end of my submandibular node and the biopsy supported the mono diagnosis too. I'm still having a hard time with it. I had my tonsils removed at 17 but they either werent removed properly or grew back cause on one side I have a badly inflamed tonsil again, just like before the surgery. My doc says I might have to get it removed AGAIN. Lol.

• Posted

Hi Leslie,

I had the same thing when I first got mono and it came completely out of the blue. I think you'll find a lot of people on this forum have dealt with the same thing or something similar. I don't think there is anything to worry about 🙂 However if it does turn out to be EBV, make sure you take care of yourself and rest as much as you can! Best of luck with your

• Posted

Thank you Brittany

I have been on my own with this for weeks convinced I was dying of cancer.

Finding this forum has been a godsend for me. Hearing how similar everyone's experience has been to mine. I guess until i get that test result I wont relax but I sure feel a helluva lot more hopeful.

It seems like this forum is in the UK.

I am in the US and have no idea how google brought me here but I sure am glad it did.

• Posted

Haha look man, the internet is not in a country. There are people on this forum from all over the world, I think there are more people from the USA than Europe.

• Posted

Hi Leslie,

I completely feel your pain. I'm actually from Canada and I have no idea how I found this forum but so glad I did too! I have struggled with a lot of strange symptoms. I was going out of my mind before I started reading similar stories 😦 Good luck with your test!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.