worried about most recent blood test

Posted , 1 user is following.

I hemmoraged after a miscarriage about 2 months ago and my blood levels dropped to a 6.4. After 2 transfusions it was taken up to about an 8 and I was sent home. In the month that I was home my hgb only went up by 0.5. I started taking iron supplements after that, one pill of 325mg of iron daily. I went in for a blood test check the other day and saw that its went up by 0.6, so my hgb is at a 9.1 now. Is that considered a small increase or normal..? Should I be concerned that it didnt dramatically increase? And my platelet count is a little high, the range isnt supposed to be above 500 but mine is 524. I also have abnormally shaped platelets as well as some large ones. Im so concerned that something's wrong, the doctor said if my platelets dont go back down by next month then shes going to refer me to a hematologist.. but Ive read that high platelets can be a normal response to anemia. Could something be wrong? Could the only small increase mean Im still bleeding somewhere..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.