Worried about MRI results

Posted , 5 users are following.

Months ago I got a brain MRI: after a few weeks I got results, and they said everything was normal. However, just a few days ago, my doctor called me again and said they were looking over the results and noticed something he described as a small shadow. He wanted to schedule another MRI in a few months to double check. He didn't seem worried but I know that a "shadow" on the brain is never a good thing and I'm anxious that it might be a tumour. And, if it is, why did they tell me the scan was normal??? Has anyone else had a similar situation? What happened?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Was the MRI with contrast ? It's the most detailed .

When I did it , the technician pointed out a tiny dot and called it a focal dot or something but he said it was most likely nothing to worry about.

Then 3 years later another brain MRI with contrast and they didn't say anything was wrong.

Just do it and don't worry too much

• Posted

if your doctor didn't find any concern then your fine but if you have brain lesion that are dark and little spots then that you will have too worry about.

• Posted

go on a waiting list, or call around to find the least busy hospital for mri. get referred there, and then go there in person and tell them you're not feeling well and need mri and do have any on cancellation list. they will usually get you in right away, then you after mri you can go to the emergency room like say couple hrs later and wait to see a doctor and the can usually give you your temporary results. i am very ill and have gone through all this right now, system is messed up so if you do this, make you go in person and tell them you're not feeling well, they will fit you in at an odd time. you'll get it done quick and have peace of mind

• Posted

That would worry me too. There doesn't seem to be a rush for another MRI. Do you have a history of cancer?Is your doctor an Oncologist? I think I would talk to my doctor again and find out what he means by a shadow and ask to read the report from the radiologist. Remember you have a right to see your reports.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.