Worried about my child!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

So my child came to me this afternoon and handed a moth ball that wasnt in its packet, she must have opened it. I asked her if she had put it in her mouth she said no and i asked her if she licked it and she said no. i dont know how she got this as it was well hidden and we have had to use them coz moths come in our house, lay eggs and they are destroying our soft furnishings. What damage can these moth balls have if my children had licked them? the moth ball was still intact but i suspect she 'tasted' it first. the moth balls are called ZENSECT. I am extremely worried.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Samantha;  hae you read the warning signs on the packet....prob is I am in Australia, so this may have happened 24 hours ago??? The best advice I can give you is to ring your local poisons' cnetre, ....they should be able to give you the best advice for immediate action....sometimes it's a glass of milk, then ED...other times it's Epicac and then ED...DEPENDING if it has CORROSIVE ingredients or not...best try Poisons Hotline,  it never pays not to act, (and let me assure you, CHILDREN will try all things, and PRACTICALLY ALL children have)....Bron
    Report
    • Posted

      Hi  tiswas; sorry I think your message should have gone to Samantha....I was replying to her.  Yes, it is always best to go to an ED, just to be sure, as the info I gave her, was for Immediate Actions, and then to ED......Bron
      Report
  • Posted

    I suggest you go to a doctor.  Look up the ingredients also of Zensect. When I was a child I shoved a mothball up the nose of my baby brother.  At that age it was fun. It was many years later that he came down from the bathroom with the mothball in his hand and said he had just sneezed it out!  Ring the makers of the product and ask them about its harm, if there is any, upon contact with mucus.
    Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up