worried about my gallstone

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just found out today that ive got to have my gallblader removed, only found out in october that i have a gall stone

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hey

i have just had my gallbladder removed on saturday and i already feel great smile. Its horrible when you find out that you need it removed but if ur in alot of pain with the gallstones then it is best to get it removed. hope you feel better soon smile

• Posted

How are you doing?

Lori

• Posted

Hi Lori, im still waiting for my date for op, i still get alot of pain if i eat the wrong food, so it's just a waiting game for me 
    • Posted

I hear you! I had my attack Oct. 23 and surgery Nov. 11. My doctor put me on Librax to help with the pain until I had surgery.  Eat a low fat diet. No dairies, skim milk is fine.  Stay away from spicey and fatty foods.  Everybody is different on what we can handle.

After my doctor found out I had gallstones; which runs in my family both sides. It took a couple weeks before I meet with the surgeon. Then by Nov. 11 it was out.

I'm in the USA.  From what I have seen on this site it can be a few months before you get surgery. I was lucky.

Use ice packs when you are hurting and drink; guess what I'm going to say. Yes drink lots of water about 2 liters a day is what I was told.

When I tried doing things like lifting and bending it made the pain worse for me.  I was told about the low fat diet right away and it helped me a lot. I was taking 2 Librax every four hours. The day of the surgery I joked with my daughter and husband when we got their that I feel just fine lets go, but I knew they wouldn't let me stay on the Librax forever and I just wanted it over with.

I'm doing a lot better. Still have to watch what I do. Moving heavy furniture hurt. Doing the dishes hurt.  If I walk to long it hurts. The belly button keyhole is the one that hurts the most and the worst since it is the deepest cut.

Any questions please ask.  I really am sorry that it is taking so long to get in for your surgery. The surgery is easy for us since we are asleep.  Waking up was weird but worth it.  You feel like you are in a haze but then everything comes clearer.

Have you tried calling to check in with them? Sometimes doctor offices forget to do things and a reminder call can't hurt.

Keep me updated. Hang in there! I know it is very hard.

Lori

• Posted

Had my gallblader out yesterday after a 4 month wait, im very sore and tender but i cant belive how well i feel, its lovely not having a bad pain in me right side anymore. i was very nervous about having the operation i had never had 1 before, but i was fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.