worried about my hair getting thin

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have nephrotic syndrome (well, diagnosed) and have been taking Prednisone 10mg and Mycophenolate Mofetil (3 times a day). I am a man with long hair, from day 1 to 1 year and 7 months. but by the time I entered the 1 year 4-5 months, I've already observed that my hair is getting thin. I can feel the hair falling out in my skin they are long strands of hair, like 2 or 3 strands per incident per day. When I take a bath, whenever I comb my weit hair with my hands during bathing or shampooing, I can see 3,4,5 strands of hair in my hands. I'm really scared for my hair falling out all those long hair that I've been saving up for several months sad any advice or tips that you guys can give me ? also, i've never gone to the hairdresser ever since I've started to grow my hair long.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

2 to 3 strands a day is nothing!

Try losing 2 to 3 and more handfuls per day...!

• Posted

Hello,

You don't need to worry about it. You can use some natural remedies like as coconut oil, castor oil, and olive oil. You can also massage your hair with aloe-vera gel and onion juice.

• Posted

If you are asking how to make your hair thicker and longer, regular oiling and using a good shampoo and conditioner might help improve the quality of your hair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.