Worried about my liver

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello, ive started getting tenderness and pain around my liver area. this is accompanied by vomiting and this morning a pale coloured stool. on tuesday i noticed a purple bruise on my right calf but do not remember banging it. my right calf also feels a bit stiff and harder to touch than the left. a little worried this could be down to liver problems. i have taken a couple of overdoses in the past when i was very low. image

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long have you had these symptoms and have you seen a doctor?

• Posted

ive had ongoing vomiting, gastritis and ulcers since may. but the mentioned symptoms since wednesday this week. i am ringing the doctor in the morning Pippa

• Posted

Do you drink alcohol Kevin?? i have some tenderness in my liver area have had for awhile,,, I do drink wine and had to have an ct scan for unrelated issue and I have cycts on my liver not sure if this is my cause but I its very scary so I know how you feel,,, have you had a cbc blood test to ck your liver and help put your mind at ease???

• Posted

hi beverly. ive had the vomiting since may so dont drink too much really. usually 4 cans of beer per week. i havent had a blood test since november last year

• Posted

update

i went to my gp today and due to have liver function test tomorrow with fbc. she suspects i could have a blood clot in my leg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.