WORRIED ABOUT MY MOM

Posted , 2 users are following.

Yesterday my mother felt a heavy chest discomfort right under her heart. She had this before but it was never this bad. She was also burping a bit. The discomfort got so bad and heavy that she had to wrap the area up to tighten it. I called 911 and they arrived and checked her BP and how much oxygen was in her blood and everything was fine. They said she may have been dehydrated (she also got 5 pints of blood taken out of her earlier to check her white blood count). Everything turned out to be normal. The heaviness subsided and the EMT's left. 

But after they left the heaviness came back and it was so bad that she had to hug someone in order to feel a bit of relief. I recalled 911 and they arrived and brought her to the hospital this time. At the hospital they ordered an EKG and a blood test. She actually threw up in the hospital and after that she felt much better. All the test came back normal and she was discharged. They prescribed her meds for nausa and vomiting. When she came back home she felt hungry and ate a bit of plantain porridge. 

But around 10 pm she threw up. Thank God she got 2 days off from work.

But I was just wondering...anyone have any input. Would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds like she has some sort of bug or maybe acid reflux or something.

If it was heart related, it would have shown in the EKG and if it was anything too serious the blood tests would have shown something too.

Keep an eye on her and be there for her, how old is she may i ask? Could even be anxiety related, as they have done the tests I wouldn't worry too much about it. Like I said just keep an eye on her and her symptoms and if they are any worse call the gosputal again.

I hope everything goes fine for you and your mother

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.