Worried about my mums symptoms , brain tumour?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

My mum is almost 57 and pretty much all her life she has suffered from chronic dizziness and vertigo. The last few years it has been increasingly worse with the time between episodes getting less and the symptoms lasting for longer. She has been off her work for months at a time over the past few years due to how bad it is. I know there is no cure and she gets on with it the best she can.

However over the last few months she has been complaining of pretty much constant headaches , feeling constantly sick and feeling like her eyes are all over the place , she actually said today she felt like she could not walk in a straight line.

I have googled these symptoms which I know you shouldn't do and am now worried she has a brain tumour. Hoping as well it could be just a particularly severe episode of dizziness.

She is going to GP on monday as feels she cant go on like this much longer.

Anybody have similar experience ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My mother had Vertigo and was treated successfully with Antihistamines.She was of the "old school" of bearing unpleasant things in silence, so symptoms like your mother has she wouldn't have mentioned anyway. She was born in 1913 and died in 1996 aged 83.

I have noticed that I cannot walk in a straight line since I have aged and is due to general weakness im my muscles. But at 57 I and mum were fine still. I have never suffered from head aches .

My sister had migraines for years and had special tablets for them as and when they appeared.

Hope you get some answers at GPs on Monday. Good luck

• Posted

My mother had Vertigo and was treated successfully with Antihistamines.She was of the "old school" of bearing unpleasant things in silence, so symptoms like your mother has she wouldn't have mentioned anyway. She was born in 1913 and died in 1996 aged 83.

I have noticed that I cannot walk in a straight line since I have aged and is due to general weakness im my muscles. But at 57 I and mum were fine still. I have never suffered from head aches .

My sister had migraines for years and had special tablets for them as and when they appeared.

Hope you get some answers at GPs on Monday. Good luck

• Posted

A few years ago I had near daily headaches and felt nauseous. My GP thought it was nothing. I was convinced it was something and looked into the matter. I demanded a MRI of the brain.

Guess what? Brian tumor found!!! It was removed and since then I get a headache MAYBE twice a year.

Ask the GP for a referral for a MRI and the name of a GOOD neurologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.