Worried about my relationship

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have had insomnia for over a year and been taken mirtazapine  for 4 days now and since then I have bein off with my girlfriend and worried cause before i took these pills I always wanted to be around her and now I like to be alone and don't wanna lose her and confused why I feel this way 

Can mirtazapine make you feel this way and is it worth keep taking them if it's affecting my relationship?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi everyone reacts differently to mirtazapine if your using them to sleep that soon wears off it did with me anyway I'm not keen on antidepressants very addictive and side effects if it's going to ruin your relationship your going to feel worse maybe another antidepressant if you feel you really need them.x

• Posted

Yeah it was mostly for sleep as Iv had insomnia for over a year but obviously it's made me depressed aswell so feel like I can't win 

Especially taking pills they make you feel worse in long run 

• Posted

My advice would be to not take them it's not worth it doctors seem to hand out antidepressants like sweets can't your doctor give you something else for sleeping just for awhile anyway. These antidepressants can cause so many problems.im just giving you my opinion and experience x

• Posted

Yeah Iv had insomnia for over a year and tried so many different things like anti depression pills and sleeping pills like zipiclone which I got addicted to and started to buy online so I feel helpless only bit of hope is going to insomnia clinic at end of march 
    • Posted

Oh dear I hope they can help you but I don't think antidepressants are the answer there addictive as well. Did the other tablets help you even though you were addicted xx

• Posted

Yeah I got addicted to zipiclone which was the sleeping pill then started to be all shakey and had time off work but o still didn't know what to do but decided to stop taking mirtazapine and for 2 days now have had a non stop migraine that won't go away so fingers crossed it goes away soon 

• Posted

Commumicate

• Posted

Your initial comment was rude and lacking any support so I’m afraid posting again won’t get much of a response Gretel 
    • Posted

Haha thanks  Thought i was the only one that thought it was a bit of a rubbish advice as I'm not a child and know how to communicate 😂

• Posted

hello mark806 do you have a update on how it all turned out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.