Worried about my symptoms of bowel cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys! So im 16 years old and for the past couple of days i noticed bright red blood in my stool. Im very worried that it can be bowel cancer. Also my stool seems narrow but i have no abdominal pain, however im a little constipated. If this continues i am going to check with my doctor as soon as possible. I'm very scared though. Please tell me if you have had similiar symtoms and if it is bowel cancer

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also i have history with pile so i am very confuse as to what it is
  • Posted

There are several reasons why you might be suffering the symptoms that you are experiencing - at your age, bowel cancer is the most unlikely reason.  The important thing is to see your doctor as soon as you can, not least to put your mind at rest!

I have just noticed your second post.  Haemorrhoids, if you have them as you say, are a significant potential cause of included blood, especially if it bright red as you describe.

The main thing in the meantime is: don't panic!  Worrying about these matters can cause as much trouble as the problem itself.

• Posted

Lisa it could be a lot of things but I would talk to your primary care doctor as cancer there is rare for your age they can do some tests to hopefully ease your mind and you do have pain I'm not a doctor but I've been told by doctors when you have pain is when it may warrant worrying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.