Worried about my wife

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

i am starting to get very worried about my wife... about 3-4 nights a week she will develop a very severe migraine.. shell get it pretty quickly and usually comes with nausea and chills... she went to the doc a couple weeks ago and he told her there just headaches no big deal... didnt run a single test.

im mostly worried because her brother died of brain cancer a couple years back and unfortunatly it was misdiagnosed and now she wants nothing to do with doctors... so she isnt taking this seriously..

FYI shes 27 and is still nursing our 9 month old... not sure if thats relevant.

can someone please give me advice??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm sorry to hear your wife is struggling at the moment. As someone who as struggled with migraines and other headache disorders for years i will say start by taking a headache diary, as if down the line your wife does need to see a doctor or have a referral to a neurologist then she can show them her diary. Include dates, length of headache any others symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light & sound etc. and foods that were eaten that day. With the diary you might be able to identify triggers like certain foods, weather changes, stress, for me it's weather changes, stress, bright lights and artificial sweeteners but it is different for everyone. When i do get migraine i take paracetamol straight away drink some water and have a banana as the potassium is very good for helping the headache. I then go and lay down with my microwaveable heat pad on on my head for half an hour in a dark room with some quiet relaxing music or a meditation on. It is for me the closest thing to the cure and i am able to function for the rest of the day. I will say that from my experience doctors are usually concerned when a headache is constant and the most painful they have every experienced. When i did experience this type of headache i was hospitalised so rest assured that if the doctors were concerned your wife would definitely be taken for tests especially given that she has had brain cancer in the family.

On another note, you said your wife is nursing at the moment. Migraines and headaches can be very common with hormonal changes which I'm sure your wife is going the right now.

Water and Bananas are great and also there is a herbal supplement called feverfew that can be very good for headaches and migraines. I have taken this in the past. You might want to check if your wife can take this whilst nursing.

Hope this helps and hope she feels better soon.

Any questions feel free to send me a message.

Rachael

• Posted

im sorry to hear this, could well be hormonal but any new or change in headache should be investigated. you dont say what migraine medication shes on or how long shes had migraine but if this is a sudden change to what is normal for her then it need at least initially a GP input. maybe ask to see a different GP. Hope that helps x

• Posted

I think you have an important job, you have to make your wife see sense, and get checked out. If she did have cancer at least she would have caught it early. Migraines get worse when left untreated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.