Worried about ongoing bowel issues, advice anyone??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have had bowel issues now since 2021 and i'm starting to feel incredibly anxious that thee is something more serious going on. I have a GP appointment booked in, but its not for another 3 weeks, so thought i would ask to see if anyone has/is experiencing similar:

Since June 2021 i have had a change in bowel movements, sometimes i can go 7 times a day sometimes just 1. The poos vary from really loose to, slightly constipated to fluffy/raggy edge, sometimes the poos appear a little flatter. I have lower right abdominal pain that is really crampy and is on and off throughout the day. I have also experienced lower back pain and bloating on/off fairly regularly over this time. I often get a feeling of pressure in my bum too and a feeling of rawness just inside anus and up to rectum.

Fast forward to now and for the last 2 weeks i have had a 'flare' of these symptoms, the raw feeling inside anus/rectum is back, i constantly have a nervous/spasmy type feeling in my bum and coccyx and this can sometimes be felt in the vagina. Almost like a tennis ball type sensation. I almost always feel like i need a poo and actually go when i have this feeling, i am going around 7 days per day currently. This is a mixture of solid poos and hummus type poos. There appears to be little mucous sometimes. The right side cramps are back, the back pain is constant as is the coccyx pain when sitting. When i am pooing it gets to a certain point when its coming out and it feels really painful and raw.

I have been back and forward to the GP and have had a coloscopy in 2021 which showed left and right side diverticular disease and i had a FIT stool test in November 2022 which was normal. I do have an inflammatory bladder condition which i have had since May 2012, i am also being investigated for an inflammatory eye issues and have an enlarged heart which is being investigated.

I'm super anxious about all this and was wondering if anyone had experienced the same/similar and knew what could be causing this.

Thanks

Victoria

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Do you have any black specks in your stool? I just recently started some of those symptoms (change in frequency, feels like an obstruction, sometimes loose, stringy. My first step will be providing a sample and we'll go from there with GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.