Worried about pancreatic cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Dont really know where to start but here goes!!

I will go back to February  2017 where I was getting over a chest infection that lasted 3 months, add to that getting double vision.  Dr ordered chest xray and full blood count which came back low in folate which would describe the double vision I was getting, also had sight test that also came back clear.  

I was feeling pain in my left side but gp told me it was nothing to worry about but it carried on and i can only describe it as someone sticking a pin in my ribs, with that I started to get a bad back, right where bra strap lies, and can only describe the pain as a throbbing like pule, and this lasted from Feb up until about six weeks ago,where luckily it has gone!!

About a month ago GP ordered more blood tests as I was in a state of panic due to a rash that had erupted and I told her my concerns, I had a FBC, LFT, amylase testing, ovarian cancer testing and lots of other things tested, all of which came back clear. She said she would have expected to see liver function showing irregularities if there was anything going on and reassured me.

I had an episode of diahorrea back in august which made me feel very faint , stool was normal colour and have been ever since, fast forward to last night when I woke up with stomach cramps and awful diahorrea again and feeling very lightheaded and couldnt see as everything was fuzzy, luckily my hubby was on hand to help me.

I have also been suffering with what I can only describe as burping after I eat or drink anything, again dr not worried and prescribed an gastric reflux drug, I dont suffer with heartburn and very rarely have reflux. I have been on the tablets 3 weeks and no change.

I only ask about these issues as know they can be related to pancreatic cancer and I am very worried.  My GP knows my fears and has said if the burping continues he will refer me for an endoscopy.

I have got myself all worked up and just wanted to get it written down to clear my head!

Any messages would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You can ask for C19-9 blood test to ease your worry.
  • Posted

Hi! I’m missing why you think that you have or could have pancreatic cancer? Nothing you said really raised red flags for me for you to be worried about it. Usually before pancreatic cancer is considered or even diagnosed, the patient presents with specific symptoms that put the Dr. on guard. Often you will be jaundice (moreso in the eyes) and have excruciating abdominal pain. To me you don’t even present with symptoms of Pancreatitis moreover cancer. A C19-9 test may or may not be any good. As there are no definitive tests for pancreatic cancer other than a malignant biopsy. Try not to worry. Have them do a total workup with you including a CT scan with and without contrast, enzymes etc. 

DJRN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.