Worried about pancreatic cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been back and forth from doctors since January. I came back from a lads break with severe abdominal pain to my upper right side and upper left side radiating to my back. I was also vomiting and i found a lump on my testicles. I went to the doctors straight away and was then advised to go for blood tests. I also had an ultrasound on my testicles and it turned out to be an epididymis cyst. My blood test results came back with elevated liver enzymes, my alt levels at 147 and my ast at 60, which the doctors wanted to keep an eye on. I was referred for an colonoscopy as i had blood in my stool and that came back clear with some haemorrhoids and no further action was needed. During this time, i also had a few more blood tests conducted and my alt levels were slowly decreasing. I had an ultrasound on my abdominal, which came back clear so back to the gp I went. My last two blood tests, ALT gone down to 40 but all of a sudden my kidney results went through the roof, my gfr levels went to 46 and my creatinine levels went to 160 . I was referred to hospital straight away the next day for more bloods. My ultrasound and CT scan came back and they said there was a build-up of fluid in my right kidney and they have referred me to an urologist. My blood tests all of a sudden shown an increase in bilirubin levels at 26, normal range is below 20, my alt steady at 40, normal range is below 35, and my gfr has gone back to over 90 and my creatinine gone back to 87. my final set of bloods everything has normalised. they tested me for pestercides which are clear. I am so worried about what it could be. They have eliminated CKD, but now i am worried about pancreatic cancer, kidney cancer, lymphoma etc. i fear the worst. I have also had change in stools, consistency, frequency and they have been floating since jan. i have had faeces tests and they have come back normal and this weekend all of a sudden i have had a lump sensation in the back of my throat and last night i had excruciating pain on my chest on the right side and right scapul. i know i can not get a diagnoses on here but hopefully someone may have had the same experience etc.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ryan,

How old are you?

Some of you symptoms sound Gall Bladder related or a blockage in your Biliary system. Since you have had upper abdo pain on the right. What is your diet like? Switch to a very low fat diet and see if your symptoms relax, then most likely gall bladder related.

Are you in UK - have they blood tested for pancreatic cancer markers and auto immune disease?

Hope you can get sorted soon.

AG

• Posted

hi, i am 25. i know it is very rare for someone my age to get something like pancreatic cancer, i have researched the statistics i would be reaaaaalllyyyyy unlucky, that being said, people my age do get it. ive been tested for lupus, pcb etc and it is all come back negative. the more they eliminate the more i get worried about pancreatic cancer. because of my age they dont want to look in that direction

• Posted

Hi RyanWills

Did your lads break involve excessive alcohol consumption?. if so hence the high elevated liver enzymes and bilirubin also blood in stool. Excessive alcohol consumption can cause all these symptoms. Stressing about your symptoms will make things worse. Try and relax... easier said i know.....

• Posted

it did yea, but its 7 months on and its getting worse and more symptoms are arising

• Posted

Hi RyanWills

Are you still drinking alcohol?. if so stop!...other symptoms are not arising for no reason, something is causing this to happen. If you are still consuming alcohol do the sensible thing....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.