Worried about possible blood in my stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

im new to this group so thank you in advance for taking to look at this post

today i noticed what i think is blood in my stool.im sorry about the graphic image but could someone confirm for me please?

should i see my gp?

tiaimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey,

sorry to hear you are stressed out. i would definitely agree with you that there seems to be dark blood within your stool. that being said, its most likely not cancer. could be ibs, or even benign polyp that is easily removed. go see your doc, he'll probably have you do a fit test, and if it confirms blood, then i would push for a colonoscopy. do not let them push a sigmoidoscopy on you, that doesnt search your whole colon.

best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.