Worried about possible DVT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am 22 years old. No history of blood clots in family or in myself. About a week ago my right leg started feeling strange. It felt kind of like a shooting nerve kind of feeling down my leg. That isn’t abnormal for me because I have health anxiety and sometimes I just get these weird feelings. About 3 or 4 days ago I had a 15 hour drive to Florida, but I definitely got out every 2 or 3 hours and walked around for a bit. A day or two before my drive it developed into a slight crampy feeling that would come on randomly and only last for a few seconds. The slight cramping and aching is still going on. Sometimes I’ll get a sharp pinlike pain behind my knee or the strange feeling in my leg. Today I had another 3 hour drive and on the drive my entire right thigh felt like it cramped up really badly. When I got out, it dissipated. I guess my question is, what were everyone’s symptoms with a DVT? I know I am probably overreacting, but since this is such a potentially dangerous problem that may not even have any symptoms, I’m worried! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I want to add I do not notice any swelling or redness or heat. I have none of those types of symptoms.
    • Posted

I too have the same problem... All pain but nothing else. Ive had 2 d dimer tests and 2 ultrasounds but nothing turned up. Did you get tested yet?
    • Posted

I also have the crampy pain in calf, had it six months ago. D dimer negative. Crampy pain back but no other symptoms.  I have health anxiety as i had a dvt 15 years ago but the pain was much worse.  I am on warfarin and clinic said other day it was stable and probably a sprain.   Dont want to bother hospital for another negative d dimer so am just hoping it will in time go away.
    • Posted

Ann... Because of you having a dvt in the past... Did they do an ultrasound or just a d dimer?? I've heard docs call it a unreliable test... But aren't they all sometimes?? And why do tgey run it if it is?? The pain has now moved to my lungs... Which now my health anxiety has moved onto PE... But the er doc WON'T give me a ct scan cuz of the normal d dimer.... Am I thinking too much and worrying over nothing??

• Posted

E.r. Told me d dimer was reliable and pain did dissipate but that was six months ago. Small a che still there but gp thinks it will just go.  And if im at 2.9 inr they said dont worry. Pain on breathing is different and needs to be checked
  • Posted

This doesn’t sound at all like a dvt, to me. 

Ask your doc to do a simple d dimer blood test. 

Pete

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.